New Stocking Tool (Idea for a Sticky Thread)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Yeoy, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

Gday all,

I was just spitballing an idea in my head for a stocking tool. I was thinking that some of the more experienced/knowledgeable members on here (not me) could have a read and see if it seems viable.

As so many of the new threads put on here are "my stocking" "overstocked" "how many X can I?" etc...

I thought if we tried to 'classify' fish. If we said OK all these tetras (eg neons, black neons, lemon, fire ember) are number 1. Or Class A or whatever. And regulated on how much space they need and waste they produce.

And Plecos are a 7. And goldfish are... and Moss Green Tiger Barbs and Black Skirts fit into category...

So then you know how much stocking space you have... And what fish are interchangeable with each other.

Just a thought I thought I'd express...

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

I was thinking that even as I wrote this.

"Why isn't there such a tool?" And then it hit me. Fishlore is that tool! The selfless, generous friends who share so freely and willingly!

Thanks Ken :)

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

You're welcome :)

Have a good day today!

Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice