New stocking help

1. daz Member Member

For my new 55g i definitely want to have some GBR (1 or 2 pair am not sure yet) and 1 or 2 smaller pleco's possibly L129 would emperor tetras get along ok with them if so what would be a good number.

Thank you in advance

2. James95 Well Known Member Member

Emperor tetras could work with that stock.
    I would keep at least a school of 10. That way you can enjoy their true schooling nature :)

3. daz Member Member

Thank you

Thats good news :) you think i would get away with 20 ?

4. James95 Well Known Member Member

You're welcome :)
    15-20 could work also. I might only recommend keeping one pair of rams if you go with a bigger school. But, I tend to recommend understocking when advising others. Let's see what others have to add.

5. daz Member Member

Thanks for your input

I no there a larger tetra so dont want to over stock but would like a nice school

6. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I think you could do 20 with no issues. I'd only get one pair of rams tho just to reduce the chances of them fighting amoungst eachother. Then maybe get an angel or a gourami as a centerpiece and then maybe a school of panda cory cats.

7. daz Member Member

Thanks

I would only get 4 rams if they were very young so there's more chance of them pairing then put 1 pair in other tank.

Hopefully I can get just 1 established pair from the LFS though

Haven't thought much about a centerpiece yet

8. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'd just get a male and a female from the store and they should pair if your tank is consistent. I've had a male krib for 5-6 months alone in my tank and I just added a female and they are both bright and in breeding colors now. I know that's not a ram but same idea. I'd just go for a male and female.