New Stock

fish time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone so my stock is not good and its been like this for at least a year and i decided its time for something to happen so my current stock is
1 bristlenose pleco 2 inchs
1 dojo 4 inchs
1 gold dojo 3 inchs had for a year
5 ghost shrimp
3 corys 2 inchs
And one african butterfly fish
All in 20 gallon

So ny new future stock i was thinking of would be
African butterfly fish as top dweller still remains

Small school of tetras possibly 5 or 6
And last as a bottom dweller a nice crayfish and i thought this would work because the butterfly hangs out near the top never goes down ever unless scared and the tetras are small and to quick for the crayfish , oh and lets not forget i will also keep the ghost shrimp so does this sound like a good stock i would like to get it right this time

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The crayfish will not work because when the fish fall asleep at night they will eat them especially the tetras. Fish usually sleep on the ground so I would not get the crayfish.

African butterfly fish also need a 30 gallon tank

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
20g long would work. They stay at the top and are not very active. But I would not keep fish with crayfish. They are predatory as well as scavengers and you might notice fish missing.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I looked it up and people say 20 to 40, but most say 30, as long as it's a 20 long not a 20 tall it should be fine

Fish swims, fish gets sleepy, fish lays down, crunch, fish is dead. Nibble nibble. That's what will happen to your fish with a crayfish.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yeah, for your own good, I wouldn't do crayfish with any fish smaller than it.
In order to do that you would need a larger tank.

Do you plan on rehoming any fish? I could suggest you something a bit better

fish time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Except really ghost shrimp african im thinking about that one. Because all the african butterlfy fish at the store are all stuck to the filters at the store and most are at the bottom probably sick

Mabey petsupermarket? Donation.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
fish time said:
Except really ghost shrimp african im thinking about that one. Because all the african butterlfy fish at the store are all stuck to the filters at the store and most are at the bottom probably sick

Mabey petsupermarket? Donation.
DIBS ON LOACHES!!! I wish...

fish time

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lol my parents dont ship apperently loachs rock though mabey in the future i will keep loach again

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom