New stand for the 15G and a new home for the 8G!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by platy ben, Mar 22, 2010.

1. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hello :)
    A while back, I posted some pics of my 15G and some members noticed that my stand was a bit of a risk (which I did know :)) as the tank only sat on the edges of the table it was on (see pics) and the 8G went underneath.

My dad was throwing out a nice stand with wheels which was ment for a tv I guess, so we took the wheels off and I decided it would make a great fish tank stand!
    And I also found a new place to put tanks ;)

EDIT: and a pic of the old 'stand'

Attached Files:

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

WOW! That looks awesome! The TV stand almost looks like it was designed for your tank. :)

3. OP
    OP
    platy ben

Thanks :D, I believe you're one of the members who recommended I got a new stand?

4. harpua2002

Hehehe, probably, the thought of a tank busting is one of the things that keeps me up at night! :p

This new "stand" looks a lot safer!

5. OP
    OP
    platy ben

Haha :p

Well I've done the 'wobble test' whereby I give the stand a little push to see if its sturdy and it didn't budge at all :) and the whole bottom, as you can see, touches the floor so its a lot of area for the weight to spread out :)

6. harpua2002

If it was made for a tube TV (not flat screen) of that size, it's going to be fine. Those older TVs weigh a TON so it should easily support the weight of that tank.

7. OP
    OP
    platy ben

Darn, computer went weird and I posted twice, MODS!!!! lol. Help me please :)

8. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I agree looks great! never would have thought of that ...

9. OP
    OP
    platy ben

Just a bit of enabling- clear some space in your stand cupboards, room for plenty of betta tanks in them! ;)

10. 33rogerjames

33rogerjames New Member Member

:;perfect nice job

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice