New South East Asia Biotope Aquarium

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi All

Just joined the site looking for some advice & ideas for an Asian themed tank. Just got a 5ft x 1.5ft x 2ft aquarium roughly 90 gallons (350 literes) after hardscaping, looking for some ideas on some interesting tank mates???

Paradise fish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Two ideas.

Fish themed:
Paradise fish or other gouramis with danios and rasboras. Or,

Scape themed:
Vietnamese unidirectional flow hillstream tank with Reticulated Hillstream Loaches and Vietnamese white clouds.

They can't all be in the same tank as some require low to no flow and others require high to extremely high flow, and they're not completely temperature compatable.

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the quick response Paradise fish, I have a shoal of 18 Glowlight Rasbora & 6 Amano shrimp all happy at the moment but just cycling the tank, set it up a week ago so early days yet. Looking to introduce shoals of small fish (10 - 20 size) over the next few weeks & maybe a few larger specimens like Samurai Gourami any suggestions?

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi All

This is my new tank set up, it's still a bit empty at the moment as it's only a week old. Water parameters are ph 7.4, temp 25C no ammonia / nitrate / nitrite present as yet. Current stock is 18 Glowlight Rasbora & 6 Amano shrimp, looking to add another shoal of 10 to 20 small fish next week, any ideas?

Attachments

NightShade

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks great!! Love the background! You're probably not gonna get any ammonia/nitrite/nitrate readings with the current stock.. 90 gallons with 18 rasbora and 6 amanos though. Since you already have fish, (meaning you can't do a fishless cycle), I'd up the stock, & use TSS+ if it were me

mbkemp

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think a big tank with a cloud of cpd’s would be sweet. I would also look at some of the blue eye rainbows, furcatas, etc

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks NightShade, decided to cycle it with a small stock of hardy fish to start with then increase slowly, using JBL Denitrol bio starter for the filter medium & JBL Biotopol to detoxify the water.
mbkemp, like your idea for the cpd's they're tiny so a good sized shoal of them would look great & I've been looking at some Pseudomugils of one sort or another but it's a bit early in the tank cycle for them yet I think but I have to admit I do like them.

mbkemp

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They are both a goal of mine, big tank with big clouds of small fish. Not soon, but I think it would be sweet

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom