New silver dollars!!

Discussion in 'Silver Dollar Fish' started by goldenrod1967, Mar 13, 2006.

1. goldenrod1967New MemberMember

I added 2 new silver dollars to one of my 55 gal. tanks so that the one that I had would come out of his plant where he likes to hide! It was so cool.....he was eyeing them up as they were floating in the bag and when I finally let them swim free, he just kinda fell in with them in the most beautiful display of synchronized swimming I've ever seen as if they'd been together forever. Brought a tear to my eye!! :'( Just thought I'd share! ;)

2. bullhorsetookNew MemberMember

Awesome. I was thinking of adding some SDs to my tank. I was considering bumping my number to four dollars. I have a 55 as well.

3. goldenrod1967New MemberMember

Yes, I learned from experience that they like to be part of a school and the new ones (I believe they're both female, and my original I"m pretty sure is a male), have worked out so well! They're such beautiful fish! ;)

4. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Don't they need a larger tank and wouldnt the oscar be aggresive to them

5. goldenrod1967New MemberMember

They're bigger than the oscar!! He-he! ;D They kinda chase each other around, but he's not really aggressive. That was the one way that combination of fish was suggested to me- if the silver dollars were bigger than the oscar. He's just a baby, so they'll hopefully grow up together ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice