New Shrimps in Da House!

UnkeptSpoon50
Yesterday, I received the package of blue dream cherry shrimps I ordered. You can find them here:

They packed a pretty expensive price tag compared to the normal blue velevet shrimp, but their deep blue color is stunning, They are very active, and take a special interest in pestering my
RCS, who towers over them like a giant. One thing I forgot was that my gravel was blue(I don't even like that color, but.... that's all they had when I got the fishtank). They also are really jumpy. One sec they are chillin on the driftwood, BAM! now their on my cherry shrimp. I ordered five, but the seller sent me 6, including a 7th really tiny one. All around, awesome and unique shrimps.

image.jpg

Ignore my fish blocking the view, I am going to remove him into a ten gallon I have in storage.

image.jpg

Junne
Congrats on the new shrimp. I have bought several from Aquaticarts and they are fantastic people to work with - not to mention they always throw in an "extra" shrimp, snail, moss ,etc.

I love the blue ones...... I may have to get some of those next..........

4 generations of shrimp 6-20-16.jpg

UnkeptSpoon50
Congrats on the new shrimp. I have bought several from Aquaticarts and they are fantastic people to work with - not to mention they always throw in an "extra" shrimp, snail, moss ,etc.

I love the blue ones...... I may have to get some of those next..........

View attachment 202407
I love those shrimp in the picture are they yours?, They look like bloody mary's almost, and I really want one:;scorpion. And I have to say, aquatic arts is awesome! After a week of shipping in scorching hot temps, all arrived well and with extras! But if you are going for a colony, I think that cross breeding with the red shrimp produce ugly wild type shrimp. I plan to excessively cull, and I have a backup 10 gal in storage(It has shattered lights, and a filter with a missing media grill holder thingy.)

Junne
Yes, these are mine that I got from them in Nov 2015. I had really bad luck ( about a month after I got them ) they started dying one by one but days and weeks apart. No known reason why... Water parameters were good and nothing out of the ordinary. Then in FEB, when I had 2 left, a male and a female, the female had her first batch of babies ( she died right after the birth ) and there was probably 20 + babies. The rest is history as the babies had babies, and so on! Now I have probably over 200 of these guys, a batch being born each month. I just had a momma have a few babies a few days ago. Still have many more momma's ready to have more babies. So we have so many babies

rcs_family_picnic_7-24-16.jpg

UnkeptSpoon50
Wow...... What kinda plant is that? looks like my elodea(Its and ugly plant, but oxygenates the water well enough... eh) but nicer. You should sell some on the interweb?, many people can make a profit.. Also, do you cull the colony to create redder shrimps?

Junne
Wow...... What kinda plant is that? looks like my elodea(Its and ugly plant, but oxygenates the water well enough... eh) but nicer. You should sell some on the interweb?, many people can make a profit.. Also, do you cull the colony to create redder shrimps?

Those are java moss ( I got a small bunch for free from Aquaticarts and they have been growing out of control, just like my shrimps! )
Also have a few moss balls that I got from them as well.

My lfs gives me store credit for all of my fish babies and now will give me credit for the shrimp at $1.00 a piece. I plan on taking some down there in a month or so.....

I don't cull any of them, just let them do their thing. So far, out of the 7th or 8th generation of these, I did get a few orangish/brown ones but only a few. The ones that are striped are the males so easy to tell them apart.

UnkeptSpoon50
$1 a piece..... Wow.. that could potentially be a lot of money, considering that you have a 72 gal. You could have 720 shrimps in there!

Junne
$1 a piece..... Wow.. that could potentially be a lot of money, considering that you have a 72 gal. You could have 720 shrimps in there!

These are in my 5 gallon

My 72 gallon only has one Ghost shrimp ( Black Friday freebie ) I don't plan to put any in my 72 because I have loaches who would think its their dinner

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ROFEA
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fluidmotion1987
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies