New Shrimp!!!! 10 Gallon Tank

1. mizz_pyro Member Member

today i went to petco to get some cory cats to help with my water flea problem. well when i went in i looked in the ghost shrimp tank and only had 3..... 2 are berried girls with legs full of eggs. i got all three and 2 spotted corys to go in with my CT betta Sushi.... and suprisingly Sushi isnt attacking them. when a shrimp got too close sushi flaired and the shrimp backed off. i think this was a good buy :)

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

awesome, glad things seem to be going well so far. Hopefully they keep going that way.

3. xNick Member Member

Will be interesting to see how your boy reacts to the babies when they hatch

4. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I have ghostie fry they are so cool to watch and I just noticed my other female getting it on with one of the males so I do believe she will be berried soon to :). I will be getting my three Pygmy pandas April 20 cuz that is when they will be old enough to come in my tank

5. backflipfronflip Well Known Member Member

Ghost shrimp fry? I was under the impression that they need brackish water to get passed the larvae stage. I have had them for about a year and no sign of any fry. Cherries however are breeding like rabbits.

They are however a great addition to any tank. Full of character for such a tiny 'feeder' shrimp. Good choice.

6. mizz_pyro Member Member

i have an odd question... one of my shrimp (the only one not berried) was sitting on a plant spitting out this white little balls that slowly desolved. he was doing this the entire time cleaning himself. none of my other shrimp do this....well all 3 of my other shrimp are female.

what was he doing?

7. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

They are doing great so far at 4 days old so we well see I think they are cool looking.