New Shrimp!!!! 10 Gallon Tank

1. m

mizz_pyro Valued Member Member

today i went to petco to get some cory cats to help with my water flea problem. well when i went in i looked in the ghost shrimp tank and only had 3..... 2 are berried girls with legs full of eggs. i got all three and 2 spotted corys to go in with my CT betta Sushi.... and suprisingly Sushi isnt attacking them. when a shrimp got too close sushi flaired and the shrimp backed off. i think this was a good buy :)

2. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

awesome, glad things seem to be going well so far. Hopefully they keep going that way.

3. x

xNick Valued Member Member

Will be interesting to see how your boy reacts to the babies when they hatch

4. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I have ghostie fry they are so cool to watch and I just noticed my other female getting it on with one of the males so I do believe she will be berried soon to :). I will be getting my three Pygmy pandas April 20 cuz that is when they will be old enough to come in my tank

5. b

backflipfronflip Well Known Member Member

Ghost shrimp fry? I was under the impression that they need brackish water to get passed the larvae stage. I have had them for about a year and no sign of any fry. Cherries however are breeding like rabbits.

They are however a great addition to any tank. Full of character for such a tiny 'feeder' shrimp. Good choice.

6. OP
    OP
    m

mizz_pyro Valued Member Member

i have an odd question... one of my shrimp (the only one not berried) was sitting on a plant spitting out this white little balls that slowly desolved. he was doing this the entire time cleaning himself. none of my other shrimp do this....well all 3 of my other shrimp are female.

what was he doing?

7. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

They are doing great so far at 4 days old so we well see I think they are cool looking.