New Shrimp Tank

1. kluggy

kluggy Valued Member Member

Hi, I've recently been thinking of starting up a Crystal Red Shrimp tank, I have experience with cherry shrimp and I've gotten a 25G tank from a friend, I've cleaned it and setup the filter/heater and added Fluval stratum and some ornaments and a piece of driftwood with Anubis.
    I'm about to start cycling the tank and I'm curious as to what my water parameters should be for Crystal Red Shrimp?
    My current water parameters are
    Ph 6.6
    GH 6
    KH 3
    Any tips from hands on experience for keeping CRS would be much appreciated thanks in advance

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I would use RO water for CRS instead of regular tap water.

3. OP
    OP
    kluggy

Okay what would you recommend me adding to the water if using RO water?

4. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

The basic would be Seachem Replenish and Equilibrium to add the minerals.

Are you planning on putting more plants? Are you going to aquascape this tanK?

5. OP
    OP
    kluggy

Thanks, I plan on putting more plants in just can't decide what plants, any ideas?

6. OP
    OP
    kluggy

Bump

7. Bithimala

Bithimala Fishlore VIP Member

I can provide info from RCS experience, but no experience with CRS.

They like plants, all plants. They definitely like moss balls since those things tend to collect a lot of what is floating around the tank. However, mine seem to like the banana plant, amazon swords, and crypts just as much as the moss. Also, I don't know how big your driftwood is, but they are huge fans of it, so if it's smaller, you may want to pick up some additional wood for the tank.

8. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member