New Shrimp Molt

BillynJennifer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When we add new shrimp, they nearly always start molting shortly after. With this molt, will the females go into egg mode?

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not always it depends on their age,if under 3months it's a natural moult as they are not sexually mature until then,you will see the saddle if they are ready to breed. if it's a moult being forced by bad acclimation I can't answer theres limited information on this and forced moults can sometimes lead to deaths, my personal opinion is they don't breed after a forced moult, if they did someone would have written a paper on it and how it's done,

BillynJennifer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not always it depends on their age,if under 3months it's a natural moult as they are not sexually mature until then,you will see the saddle if they are ready to breed. if it's a moult being forced by bad acclimation I can't answer theres limited information on this and forced moults can sometimes lead to deaths, my personal opinion is they don't breed after a forced moult, if they did someone would have written a paper on it and how it's done,
That's what I expected. I just added some shrimp to my aquarium and one female had a forced moult and there was no wild swimming from the males.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom