New Shipment @lfs Juvi Angelfish, What Colors? Question

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by fishtankwatcher, Mar 27, 2019.

1. fishtankwatcherValued MemberMember

Hi Everyone, (and many thanks in advance!)

Curious what the color names (I've learned from trying to google Angelfish color names, in juvenile's it's hard to tell) these might be?

I think they are Gold Marbles (Do I have that right?)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

First picture, leopard (smokey with a zebra gene), gold marble (with zebra gene), black lace (black with zebra gene).
    Second, only thing new is the gold angel (which can have hidden genes).
    third, new one is the silver zebra (might be blue, but looks like the reflection of color in this case)
    Fourth, more black lace, the gold marble, and leopards.
    Fifth, something new, a koi angel (low coverage), and more leopards.

3. fishtankwatcherValued MemberMember

Thank you @Mcasella , I'm googling those color names right now to find adult examples!

We're looking for 3 for our new 65g as "display fish", so we'd like them to mature, pretty, since they'll be around for up to 10yrs (barring incident of course)! lol

4. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

I'd go with one of the black lace that has a more defined pattern in the tail, one of the leopard, and the gold marble is interesting because of the stripes it has visible. But it also depends on what look you are going for the tank and what color your background is.

5. fishtankwatcherValued MemberMember

The background will be a dark midnight blue I think (like our current tank)
    We use LED pod lighting, so even the black substrate looks great :)

What is a "defined" pattern? I'll admit in person the dark ones all looked 'identical', lol.
    I did like the 'gold marble', that looked like it had "faded" stripes (the one with tiny black pin dots, I would call it)? I couldn't find anything online about it, so I figured it was a baby thing.
    I liked the leopard (did I get that right) in the 3rd pic, between all 3 blacks.

6. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

So I wouldn't go with the black lace with that color as they won't stand out well against it. One of the ones that has more visible black markings in the fins, but in an even pattern.
    It is a zebra gold marble, so its stripes will fade and come back stronger depending on mood, lighting, and surroundings on that one.