New set up pictures

RDcompton03

Reaction score
a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpg

Just thought I share some pics of my newest tank. Its 10 gal. laterite capped with black pea gravel. No CO2 with light ferts twice a week. Reasonably bright lighting. The only issue I had through cycling was green water that went away after about two weeks of heavy floating plant coverage. Oh and while it was cycling it got mosquito larva in it so I added three golden mountain minnows to control those. They actually ended up looking pretty good with the red ramshorn snails against the black substrate and backgound. No hurries but I think I will end up turning this into a shrimp tank.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow that will be a great shrimp tank. What are the rooted floaters?

OP
R

RDcompton03

Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
Wow that will be a great shrimp tank. What are the rooted floaters?
Actually I have a little of everything. Frogbit, salvinia minima, dwarf water lettice and of course some duckweed. Wanted to try all of them to see which seemed to grow the best. No clear winner just yet.

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I love it! I also have a similar look with a 40 b with black substrate, background, and mostly green plants. Alas, my red ramshorn wouldn’t survive in that tank with my loaches but I bet they do look awesome!

RollaPear

Reaction score
I set up my first ever dedicated shrimp tank yesterday. It's running bare at the moment due to logistics but this is definitely food for thought.

Thanks for posting. Please keep us updated.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom