New Scape 50 Gallon Tank

1. sweendog87 Member Member

What do you guys think of the tank just added some driftwood and slate and sand for a more natural malawi rift lake environment for my peacocks and haps thinking if adding some Java fern for the left corner to hide the filters and heater and maybe a powerhead on the right front he help push to the filter? I what do u guys think any plant recommendations

2. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Hello!

Do you have any pics of your tank? This way we could suggest some plants and a layout you may like.

As for plants, if you stay true to Malawi, the only plants option you'll have is Vallisneria, but of course if you bend the biotope, you can have any plant you want :)

3. sweendog87 Member Member

Sorry thought u did add pic here 292daa1ab66e5ce374ac5b23acaa8597.jpg 910d00f16357c8833e384a38a40e9e59.jpg d8b4894ac29a89d5c45c3f30b72b616f.jpg

Was hoping to have some Java fern Java moss and maybe a sword but just had a look at the vallisneria beautiful I would definitely have that does it need co2 or special soil cause I really just wanted plants to sit Straight in my sand

Attached Files: