New scape

1. thefuzzyaussie

thefuzzyaussie Valued Member Member

So i finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a new 10gal to update my shrimp tank. Managed to bag some cheap seiryu stone as well so thought id get going on my first proper scape.

My aim was to make a scape that didnt need all the bells an whistles and could be made with what was easily and (relatively) cheap and available. Running a basic aquamanta HOB with 2 clip in Animates LED and going to be dosing Excel every other day and trace elements and iron every water change.

Currently has about 20 RCS and 2 endlers though going to change the endlers out for some smaller school. Not sure what yet.

Its a basic black gravel (wanted to try something other than BDBS) with seiryu stone, some gold vine nano driftwood pieces, java moss, subwassertang, riccia and micranthenum minte carlo. Goong to be filling in the top of the cliff with a bushier plant, still unsure what that will be though.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

- Fuzzy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

That looks AMAZING! I want a tank like that

Would look Great with a Betta!

EDIT: if you attach a background it will help cover up the filter and make it look more complete, even thought it really truly look really good.

3. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Im in the process of getting a background. Couldnt find the one i wanted so didnt end up grabbing one yet.

Thanks though! :)

4. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

I really like it. A simple black background would look really good, I think.

5. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Yeh im half n half between a frosted white and black. Will definitely update when i get it :)

6. BubblySkootch

BubblySkootch Valued Member Member

Beautiful tank! I love the rock structures!

7. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Thanks mate :)

8. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

9. Pringlethesnail

Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

My eyes literally widened because of how much I LOVE that aquascape. Where did you get those rocks?

10. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Thankyou so much! :)

Pisces do boxes of rocks and i just picked up a Seiryu box from my lfs. Beautiful colours.

Been meaning to upload a clearer picture as well. Added 6 dwarf rasbora to start the stocking off :)

[​IMG]

11. Pringlethesnail

I hope you're not offended but I loved your tank so much I tried to make mine look like it except with the things I had available. It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as yours but I can't afford any new rocks and plants right now [​IMG]

12. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

looks cool, what's that upside grass thing hanging?

13. Pringlethesnail

That's where my Betta sleeps lol. That log and that plant. The other leaf floating is lettuce for the snails and the floating white thing is cuttlebone for snails

14. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Absolutely not! Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery :)

Thats a really nice tank! A very lucky betta as well

15. Pringlethesnail

Thank you! :)

16. Silister Trench

Silister Trench Well Known Member Member

I really like the Seiryu stone you found. It looks very nice, but I'm not so fond of the river rock path. They just look too out of place, not to mention not in scale with everything else. Nice going!

17. LJC6780

LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

Love the big rocks too!

18. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Big changes. Kept humming and ha'ing about the setup and finally tweaked. Added 3 new plants (some id would be great) the only one which i was sure of was the crypts in front of the stone structures. The tall green and tall red at the back im not 100 sure on the id?

Also changed the rocks around, removed the tree setup, removed the riverbed and added more micranthenum. Got my stock in there as well with 10 dwarf rasbors and a whole bunch of RCS :)

[​IMG]

19. OP
    OP
    thefuzzyaussie

Still unsure as the what i would like to put above the top left rock structure. I was thinking an anubia nana mini forest?

20. Silister Trench

Silister Trench Well Known Member Member

Now that's looking good, but now this perfectionist side of me wants to give one small observations and by no means do you have to listen to it -

But... The two rocks on the right "kissing" are distracting me from the colored plants on the right, which should be closer to the focal point on the left where that big rock is smack dab in the middle of (2/3rds up on the left mountain) where I think they'd look nice if you manipulated your mountain range the on far back to the left 20 degrees, the grey one far left to the right as well as the large grey one.

That one small, light colored rock almost smack dab in the middle Is beautifully textured. I'm just not sure why it's floating. And between that one and the huge grey one is your focal point, almost the tip of the grey one. I need all the other rocks to point me in that direction. And for more depth I'd like to see your substrate higher in the back and lower on this side and hilly

I'm sorry... .

Keeps looking better!

Your tall green on looks like a form of Rotala Green / Rotala Sp but I'm not 100%. It's too hard to see. Not exactly sure of the reddish one, as I can t see much detail at all. Rotala Colorata? Immersed Rotala Colorata or Ludwigia narrow?