New Scape for 20 gallon ideas

Fishfriendkeeper

I have been wanting to rescale my 20 gallon for a while now. When I originally scaped my tank I wanted something bright and colorful since I was planning to have neutral color fish (Gold dust mollies, Black/White lyretail mollies, and Dalmatian mollies) but a disease came when I had gold dust and Dalmatian mollies that I wasn’t ready to treat, and they all died within a few days. My tank was running for a little and all parasites that were infecting my tank had died. I started researching other fish, and chose platies instead. I also have a few swordtails since when buying platies I didn’t know the difference and they put swordtails in the bag too.

Anyways, I wanted to rescape the tank to be more dark and natural to make their colors pop. The gravel is mostly blue, with pink, and green mixed in. Background came with tank but is a coral reef background. Main plant is mostly pink, with smaller orange and green plants, and supposedly glows under blue light. A smaller plant is green with blue tips. Main structure is a coral barrel that bubbles. There is also a small treasure chest, and a recently added log.

The log I just added is going to be in the new scape, but I wanted beneficial bacteria to be on it and just another place for fish/fry to hide. I was planning to have a tank without live plants, and instead just green plants. I was also thinking to have either a small piece of driftwood or a cave as a centerpiece and structure, with a bubble disk underneath it. Is that a good idea for my platies? I was also wondering if there is any suggestions for how my plants are set up, like randomly spaced around the structure, or a plant wall in the back, smaller plants throughout the tank? Suggestions appreciated.

Sewerrat

I usually put plants together with livebeares to give fry a better place to hide. Platies aren't very picky as far as tank decorations go do what looks good to you

PeterFishKeepin

well im not sure if this is any help but here is my 20 gal tall/high tank, hope this can be of inspiration.

1656399502306.png

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lynn78too
  • Question
Replies
Views
toomanyfishtanks
  • Question
Replies
Views