new saltwater aquarium

1. kelly0910 Initiate Member

Hi

I have a coldwater tank and a tropical tank and have now decided to have a go at a saltwater aquarium :)
    I currently have a 400l tank and skimmer and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on setting it up :)

Thanks

2. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

A 100 US gallons - nice!!! IMO the only unfortunate part of starting with such a tank is what it will cost to get this baby runnin' well. The best start would be going through all the articles here on FL and research elsewhere so as to focus the questions some. Next post do tell what skimmer this is you have Kell - have a nice day :).

3. kelly0910 Initiate Member

Thanks :) yeah i heard the bigger the better so went straight in for it :) the skimmer i have is a TMC V2 400 protein skimmer.
    I will look through the website and see what people are saying just wanted an idea of where to start as have looked through google and is really confusing me :S lol
    thanks for the reply :)

4. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

5. Tnabna Initiate Member

Hi, I am a newbie too (3 months). Before I did anything I found this forum and read virtually everything in it. Along with my other research, I felt I've had an easy run with my pre-owned Biocube 29. There is sooo much information in here, you can find the answer to any question or problem that may arise. This has been a lot of fun reading about other members experiences. I still read it daily....there's always something new and interesting waiting for me to see!

Enjoy! Tina. :;hi1

6. kelly0910 Initiate Member

Thanks the links are very helpful, cant wait to have it all up and running :) tangs are lovely but im more into my trigger fish and lionfish so hopefully have them soon :D:D