new record for little white worms...

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So i am getting fed up with the little white worms in my tanks... I know they are harmless and out breaks are from over feeding but I just finished setting up my 2g for my red cherry shrimp Tuesday and put the shrimp in Wednesday so not even been in there a week and i have already spotted a bunch of white worms Rowling along side the tanks walls... I have cleaned the tank as good as I can, sand is the substrate, but I want to know what I can use to kill them once and for all with out killing the shrimp, who are molting! And the MTS and Ramshorns who hitched on the plants...

I read somewhere that someone used safegaurd dewormer for dogs and used .1mg for 10g of water... could this work? is there some kind of dewormer for fish that could kill these things? Thanks!

Colorado

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just had an outbreak--I think, at least for me, it was overfeeding. I'm doing some serious gravel vacuuming and PWC's and not feeding for several days to try and get rid of them.

Dlondon95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just had an outbreak--I think, at least for me, it was overfeeding. I'm doing some serious gravel vacuuming and PWC's and not feeding for several days to try and get rid of them.
This is what I do to get rid of them and it usually works pretty well.

Colorado

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good to hear Dlondon95--I was just going with my instincts. I bought some dewormer from Petco, but I'd like to give my current approach a couple of days. I may do another cleaning/PWC in a couple of days.

Dlondon95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Water changes can fix just about anything

I've never used dewormers, so I can't say whether that will work or not. My experiences with chemicals aren't very good. haha

Colorado

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Second large PWC and aggressive vacuuming--I think the worm count is going down. Hard to tell. Bought the dewormer, but I'm waiting to see if less chemical solutions will work. At least with all the cleaning and changes the water looks fantastic. :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom