New Python owner and experience.

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I got my Python yesterday and tested it out on my 29 gallon which is probably 20ft away from the sink. I got the 25ft version and a nice surprise that instead of their normal plastic faucet device, they now do the brass one as standard equipment.

I ran some water thru it to clean it out and made sure to clean the end that goes in the tank with plain water naturally. So, I turned on the sink about 1/2 or 2/3 as I wanted to see how strong the suction would be. It started fine and was a nice easy pace but it would take quite a while to actually clean gravel so when I do that I'll have to turn the water on full. The little lever to stop the flow is nice incase you suck up a fish.

So, after getting the water the right temp, I started fillling up the tank. This pressure is all based on how much you got your sink turned on. I had mine pretty good so it didn't take long at all to fill it back up. Yet, it was gentle that it didn't stir anything up. Yeah, you can turn the lever to stop the flow but this time, the pressure will go back towards the sink and squirt out the connector so either be prepared for this or simple turn the lever off - stick the end in a bucket - turn it back on and then go turn the sink off.

So, in the end I barely sweated and no back pain so I just love the thing. I'm looking forward to using it this weekend and in the future. Hope ya enjoyed my story.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I find myself running down the hall into the bathroom to switch the valve at the sink. I have 2x25 foot hoses connected together. That would be a nice problem for them to fix - stopping the flow at the tube end without getting everything wet at the faucet end when filling.

The hardest tanks to do are the small ones, like 5 gallons and under.

I wouldn't have so many tanks if I didn't have a python. When I was moving earlier this year, we saw a house we really liked. But, none of the faucets would accept any kind of device like that, so we said thanks but no thanks.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We probably wouldn't have ended up with 3 tanks if we didn't have our python. Because it's so easy to use, we're always up-to-date with our water changes and our fish are healthier as a result.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cajunifiberco,

I am moving your post to create a thread of its own. This one is a bit old and moving it should help you to receive more responses.

Here is the link to your new thread:

Thanks!
Ken

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads