New Pygmy Corydoras!

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Over It, Aug 1, 2017.

1. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

I finally got my order of Pygmy Corydoras! They are so stinkin adorable! I now have 13. Hopefully I'll get some babies from them, but if not that's fine with me. I'll just enjoy the ones I have.

Here's a pic of a few of them. They are all over the tank already and super fast. 5b40f3cb2acd7445675fe52be36e31d2.jpg 1996e741b97f45903a851ec092f813ca.jpg 1c468bf08613825c26658321a42c245f.jpg 91e3cea538714e9787f5788bf9166cee.jpg 5c463d7aff6c06bf04a698858fb02f2e.jpg 01e4ea4e8646568553f897cd2b120eeb.jpg 4d9ac84d2618d6d3d034a5ec78f04404.jpg

2. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Nice! They look so tiny compared to the sterbais.

3. graceo

graceo Valued Member Member

Oh my gosh!! Next to the Sterbai, sooo cute and small! I always check for them at my LFS, but I haven't seen them in forever. I don't wanna own them, just see them, so at least it's not so bad

4. OP
    OP
    O

Right? She makes them look even smaller than they are. I just love them! I'm so happy they all arrived in good health and seem to be doing great.

5. C

CPARKTX Valued Member Member

Beautiful tank. They are definitely on my wish list

6. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

How large are they right now?

7. OP
    OP
    O

They are half an inch from the tip of their nose to the end of their tails. The other 3 I already had are still only half an in. so they might be full grown or close to full grown.

8. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

They look great and your tank is beautiful! 13 is a nice number - I kept 9 in a 15 gallon tank several years ago - love watching them school together!

9. OP
    OP
    O

Thank you! They are the cutest things ever and so active! I like all Corydoras, but these guys are my fav. I love watching them school especially now that I have a good sized school. It's so cute seeing this large school of little tiny guys going back and forth.

10. Lance0414

If i ever get a 15 Gallon, i am getting these. Good Luck keeping them.

11. OP
    OP
    O

Thanks! I really, really hope they do well. If they aren't doing well in the 29 I'll move them to my 20 gal and they can have it all to themselves. :)

12. OP
    OP
    O

So ya'll might think I'm crazy, but I got 10 more Pygmy Corydoras today! I was gonna get all 18 they had, but I figured 10 was more than enough. lol Now I should be all set for a long time. :)

13. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

They're so cute! Congratulations!

14. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Somebody needed a pygmy fix!

15. OP
    OP
    O

lol Actually it was a deal I just couldn't pass up! They are only $0.99 a piece at the store. I had to pay $3 each plus $35 in shipping for the other 10 I got. I was not going to let that deal get away. Hopefully I will get babies from them and then I won't have to worry about buying more in the future. :)

16. Lance0414

That is a low price, around where i live they sell for $6-8 a piece.

17. toolman

toolman Well Known Member Member

Among my most favorite fish, congratulations on a great deal! Wish I could find some more for that price myself.

18. OP
    OP
    O

Thank you! I was shocked at how cheap they had them, especially seeing as how it's hard for them to get them in. The only other store that has them occasionally asks $5.50 each.

19. c

c0071000 New Member Member

wow~ $0.99 a piece is extremely cheap price. You are so lucky to have a LFS near you. i also have sterbais, pygmy and too many panda cories in my tank planning to sell some of them this or next week. Hopefully, we will see pygmy' eggs soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice