New purchases

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I ordered some new plants today, as well as purchased some new fish AND will hopefully have confirmation of my new BETTA tank arty0009: today as well!

New plants:
4 x Riccia (loose)
4 x Lilaeopsis novaezlandiae
2 x Eleocharis parvulus (hair grass)
2 x Hygrophilia corymbosa

Riccia - to carpet the 55G
Lilaeopsis - to continue carpeting the 180G
Eleocharis parvulus - to continue carpeting the 50G
Hygro - to fill in some backgrounds in the 180G at this stage (TBC).

New fish:
2x clown loaches 5-6" each!
2x neon blue dwarf gouramis (came packaged with the clowns)

New tank:
Jebo R331 - black (6G)
1kg black gravel
25W heater
To come: Betta! Possibly 2, divided, will see what it looks like and if they will have enough space.

[Sing] Cel-e-brate good times, COME ON! [/sing]

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Bubbly,

Yeah!!!!! New stuff! I'll be looking forward to your updates!

Ken

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow that brings the Clown Loach count up to 15. Can't wait to see them all together. Won't be long until they will need an upgrade in tank size. great excuse to get a bigger tank LOL
Carol

bubblynutter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks guys! It's very exciting! Turns out the 'dwarf' gouramis are actually dul grown male golds... I'll have to end up finding them new homes, i can't keep that many males. They are ok at the moment; one is in the angel tank and the other in the loach tank. They can't stay there tho.

Wow that brings the Clown Loach count up to 15. Can't wait to see them all together. Won't be long until they will need an upgrade in tank size. great excuse to get a bigger tank LOL
Carol
are you reading my mind? :whistling:
The two new babies are rescues, the owner was tearing down his tank, and they are 5 and 6" each! I knew i could give them a comfortable home with lots of friends! I may have to drop the number count in 12 months or so, but at the moment 12 of them are barely 3". Will try and get pics for you carol, it's an awe inspiring sight!

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
I have a couple of Clown Loaches that I rescued recently. They were around 6 inches each. Now, I've never kept them before and had full intention of rehoming them once I knew they were healthy. And, they have grown on me. So, I had to go out and buy a couple more - babies in comparison at only 1 inch. One thing I noticed is that they don't mix with each other.

I can't wait to see pictures of your tank. I can't imagine having a dozen of these very comical fish.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a couple of Clown Loaches that I rescued recently. They were around 6 inches each. Now, I've never kept them before and had full intention of rehoming them once I knew they were healthy. And, they have grown on me. So, I had to go out and buy a couple more - babies in comparison at only 1 inch. One thing I noticed is that they don't mix with each other.

I can't wait to see pictures of your tank. I can't imagine having a dozen of these very comical fish.
As the smaller ones grow they will mix more and more. In fact the small ones may appear to rub against the larger ones this is called "shadowing" . I get the impression from what I've read that the younger hang around the older ones for protection. Provide lots of hiding/sleeping places and you will have some happy loaches Even happy enough to grow fast and need a bigger tank soon
Carol

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
That's just it. They don't mix. The 3 babies hang out under the driftwood in a sliver of space that is shockingly small. And the 2 larger ones are at the other end of the tank. I never see the babies out and about....I just get a glimpse of their tails once in a while.

I know I will need a bigger tank sooner than later. I'm already watching craigslist for a good deal.

Sorry for hijacking your thread bubblynutter.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom