New ponds

1. Jnx

Jnx Member Member

[​IMG]
    Okay, here's one of my new guys, bottom right, top view, in his new pond.
    I've never tried this type of set-up before (and still have improvements to make).
    Keeping my fingers crossed!

2. BlackNotebookTanks

BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

What a beautiful pond! All the plants and the moss makes it look like a mini slice of nature Is that a Betta fish in there? (I can't tell ) if it is, just be careful as they usually can jump out of ponds and tanks filled to the top. I remember seeing a video where they build a three tier pond type tank thingy and the Betta was jumping up and down all three layers! I'll try find the link ^_^

3. BlackNotebookTanks

4. OP
    OP
    Jnx

Jnx Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Yes, it is a betta. I've just put him in there, and he seems pretty overwhelmed.
    I do have an impromptu screen to put on tonight; I had a female years ago who taught me about jumping. Fortunately, I found her in time.

5. BlackNotebookTanks

Thank the moon you found her in time! I've always wanted to keep Betta but I have no room and the biggest tank my parents will let me get now is a 2G In my future home/apartment/wherever I end up living after LC I'd love to have an indoor pond! That is literally the coolest thing I've ever seen like I have never seen this done before either! I'd love to see the progression of this project so please keep this topic updated! Happy keeping!

6. OP
    OP
    Jnx

Jnx Member Member

He's a confident guy! And that set-up! Envyyyyyyy!

7. codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

whoa!! What a pretty color! I don't think I've seen such a lush green Betta in any of my local stores

8. OP
    OP
    Jnx

Jnx Member Member

He's not actually that colour (sadly; I love green...). He's more of a turquoise/phthalo blue. My tablet is behind its time.

9. codyrex97

codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Dang! That makes more sense. That would be such a beautiful color. I don't think green bettas are too common though