New plecos!

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by bubblynutter, Mar 30, 2010.

1. bubblynutter

bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

Just thought I would share the news with you all...

My mate avidly breeds plecos & catfish, with several rare species as his prize possessions. He told me the L- numbers once, but I didn't know much about them at that point so promptly forgot them! :rolleyes:

Well, I was keeping him up to date with my cycling status, and he found out I have a diatoms problem.
    He has kindly offered me 15 bristlenose (we call them cats here - ancistrus cf. cirrhosus) to split between my two tanks! Of course they are for a small fee, but 15 cats for $30? Yes please!

The plan is - 10 in the 46G and 5 in the 23G.
    They will munch on all the algae, and when they have gotten to a reasonable size I will on-sell most of them. They are currently about 3 months old...
    I plan to keep a breeding pair and continue to sell the fry. Bristlenoses are in hot demand in Victoria!

:;hf

2. TedsTank

TedsTankWell Known MemberMember

Wow!! you're in Pleco heaven!!!

3. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

That's awesome! Congratulations!

4. OP
    OP
    bubblynutter

I got my new babies home yesterday!

After fixing the disaster that is my 46G, I added 7 common bn to the 46, with the 3 albino bns he threw in. The other 5 commons went to the 23G.

All I have to say is: they are the cutest, most SPASTIC fish I have ever owned! ;D

Spent the night zooming along every glass surface they could find, and munching on all the algae. At least I know I won't need to feed the munchkins for 2 weeks!
    Before you all ask, pics will follow! Had a crazy night yesterday and pics were the last thing on my mind. Will try and get some tonight.

5. OP
    OP
    bubblynutter

OK, a little later than intended, but as promised: pics!
    I couldn't get any pics of the albinos as they hide too much.

As you can see from the 4th pic, that is Gandalf's finnage in the way, so they are still rather small. But very cute! No bristles yet...

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice