New Plecos today!

1. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Just arrived today, all the way from Indiana, by way of Tennessee (go figure), and Lubbock - which is 110 miles north of me. Weird route! Six of these little guys, L129 / Colombian Zebra Plecos. Several of them have already spawned in their home tank in Indiana.
    rsz_20140731_143137.jpg rsz_20140731_140008.jpg rsz_20140731_140457.jpg

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

What nice looking fish! Do you have plans of breeding them?

3. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Yep, I do plan to breed them. The man I got them from said he only has one that's as large as two that he sent me and that there were fry in their tank so some of them have already spawned. These are from his F1 generation.

4. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Wow those are gorgeous! Very nice quality! :) can't wait for the little ones to start comin. :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

They're being very reclusive right now; not keen on my using a flashlight to check them out in their Pleco caves :p

6. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Couldn't resist another picture - one who was brave enough to come out from behind the sponge filter for a short while.
    rsz_20140801_112353.jpg

7. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Such pretty colors!! Love it!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

They're all marked a little differently and if they ever stay visible long enough I'll be able to tell them apart by their markings. Not holding my breath for that to happen any time soon!

9. terrynachos Member Member

They look amazing!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

They're very reclusive and not quite as entertaining as the Bristlenoses. Two are in caves (I'm guessing males), 3 hiding out behind and under the sponge filter, and one underneath the Marimo Ball. The evidently come out at night when they can't be seen!

11. Lovethatpleco Initiate Member

Very beautiful they are. I am planning on finding some pleco, but unlike many others, I am actually wanting to find some 10" or larger if possible. I have the tank to house at least 3.

12. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

There are a good number of larger plecos that are really attractive. Good book with an overview is Back to Nature Guide to L-Catfishes by Ingo Seidel. Another great resource is Planet Catfish - http://www.planetcatfish.com/