New pleco

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Dom90, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ok so I got an albino BN from my friend who was quitting the hobby a few days ago. They do a good job sucking algae off the walls! The SAEs do also but they don't really have sucker mouths. So now I'm finally joining the pleco bandwagon...
    So much that I got a very tiny BN pleco from PetSmart last night! I have a feeling the store just got him within the previous week and feared for his life (that he might get eaten). Right now he's in growing out in a 2.5. Will post pics when he comes out of hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Good luck with your new pleco! Can't wait to see the pictures! :D

3. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Congrats you will be off to the store with the rest of us browsing the vegetable isle for fresh veggies for your new babies. They are great fish. And to let you know, there is plenty of room on the pleco band wagon. Alison

4. el337Fishlore LegendMember

Nice! Have you gotten names for those plecos?

5. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Lol no, I dont name my fish. Btw, plecos dont really creep us out like snails so it's the better choice.

6. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Is the ABN a male or female ? How big is the other little plec that you bought? Alison

7. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I dont really know what sex they are, they're so small and like they're hiding all the time. The one I bought last night is probably less than 0.5 inches..

8. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Oh my goodness, they are just babies. You should take pictures once a month to see how they change and grow. Alison

9. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439594133.167217.jpg

10. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Aww..... what a little bitty guy!!! :D

11. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

12. LeafrayValued MemberMember

I love BNs because they're not only cute as juvies but also cute as adults :)

Currently breeding: h/b purple guppies

13. el337Fishlore LegendMember

I might need to join you on the pleco bandwagon... Got nerite snails today and one of the kribs keep trying to eat it. :(

14. Tiny goatfishWell Known MemberMember

SO CUTE! I love BN :)

15. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I told you! I wasn't a believer at first but now I am! Seems your kribs want to munch on everything... Now they're highly suspect for the murder of some Amano shrimps lol.

16. JswinWell Known MemberMember

Those going in your cichlids tank or planted?

17. el337Fishlore LegendMember

Yeah I think so too. No sight of the Amanos for a week now.

18. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Probably one of each once they get big enough.

19. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Adorable baby pleco picture. Alison

20. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ok so I noticed he's not really eating.. I dropped a small pea yesterday and it's still sitting there. So this morning I broke up a veggie round and still no luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice