New Pleco Species!!! Lol!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ferretlady, Apr 19, 2017.

1. F

Ferretlady Valued Member Member

Introducing Hypostomus sp. 'Yarnii' !!!

AKA -- Ferretlady's Faux Fish - something to keep me content while my tank is cycling, until I can have real fish!!! :)

CrochetPleco1.jpg CrochetPleco2.jpg

2. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

low maintenance and they fit any sized tank :p

3. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

I. Love. Them.

They remind me of the green pleco plushies, but better!!!!

4. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

That is awesome! I want one now. :)

5. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I really like those,

6. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

Too cute! Did you make them? That's talent!!

7. OP
    OP
    F

Thank you so much!! Yes, I made them - I've crocheted for years & more than anything, I love crocheting "critters"! I didn't design the pattern itself for the pleco - I found it online - but I did *crochet* the fish myself, following the written pattern with a few little tweaks made. I'm currently working on writing my own pattern for a cory cat since there doesn't seem to be a pattern out there already. **GOTTA** have some corys, along with the plecos!!!! :) (Those are the two species I want for real, in my tank once it's cycled!)

8. OP
    OP
    F

Sigh -- well, since I'm still cycling & *still* can't have real fishes yet, I've now got a pair of bristlenose "yarnii species" plecos also! ROFL!!!!

Bristlenose1.jpg Bristlenose3.jpg

9. Alhana

Alhana Valued Member Member

Those are super cute! You should look into making them to sell to fund your fish hobby = )

10. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

Those are adorable. Can't wait to see the corys :)

11. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

I would totally buy an albino bristlenose!! Lol
    Don't judge me!!!

12. MommaLake

MommaLake Well Known Member Member

I love these! Great job! I crochet too, so much fun

13. 2211Nighthawk

So... when you gonna start shipping them? :D Canada isn't that far away.

14. OP
    OP
    F

Wow, thank you for all the nice comments! I really enjoyed making these little guys! Crocheting is my "relaxing-time" craft! LOL! I honestly did NOT start this thread here for 'self-promotion' - I just love doing crafts & enjoy sharing pics of what I make... goodness knows, my poor facebook friends have to tolerate a ongoing stream of pics from me all the time! LOL! but *blush* I actually do sell some of my crafts too - so I can post these over in the buy/sell forum if anyone is actually interested in a crochet pleco.... again, thank you for all the nice comments! I really do appreciate the kind words!!

15. 2211Nighthawk

I'm trying to convince myself to hurry up and buy a whack load of stuff from the States to justify the hour long one way trip over the border to bypass the insane shipping fees. :)

16. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Oh my, they're very cute! :)

17. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

I don't usually comment on such things, but those are quite cute! My mother used to sew a lot of crafts, much of which she invented herself, some she adapted from existing patterns. She once did a 4 foot killer whale that we raffled at one of our fish shows in Kalamazoo. Sold more raffle tickets that year than ever before. If she were still around, I'm sure she would want one of those! :bear:

18. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

Those are awesome!!!I want one!!!!! :)

19. OP
    OP
    F

WOW - a **four foot** whale??? Oh my, I can scarcely imagine the amount of time she put into making that!!! (Not to mention the tons of stuffing it must have taken! LOL!) No wonder they sold more raffle tickets than ever!! What a lucky person, whoever had the winning ticket!!! Your mother sounds like she was a kind, wonderful & very talented lady! (I'm so sorry she's not with you any longer!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice