New Platy

CatLover2000

I got a new fish. This one's a platy, and super pretty. My molly has taken an interest in her though. The platy, I was told, was female. My molly is female. Speaking of the molly...she's lookin like a square from the side lol. Anyways, she's nipping at the platy. I was thinking maybe it's just a "new fish, gotta show em I'm the alpha female" type deal or maybe she's jealous because the guppy isn't paying her attention anymore but like always, I like to double check. The platy was the fattest one in the tank, and I was told she doesn't seem to have any pregnancy behaviors but she was in there with males. So I'll check this too and make sure neither of my girls are pregnant lol

RomanNoodles96

CatLover2000 said:
I got a new fish. This one's a platy, and super pretty. My molly has taken an interest in her though. The platy, I was told, was female. My molly is female. Speaking of the molly...she's lookin like a square from the side lol. Anyways, she's nipping at the platy. I was thinking maybe it's just a "new fish, gotta show em I'm the alpha female" type deal or maybe she's jealous because the guppy isn't paying her attention anymore but like always, I like to double check. The platy was the fattest one in the tank, and I was told she doesn't seem to have any pregnancy behaviors but she was in there with males. So I'll check this too and make sure neither of my girls are pregnant lol
The molly may be stressed. Is the tank cycled? Water parameters? If everything there checks out then you should be good as long as no real damage is being done.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom