New platy preggers?

BritJo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So new female platy today, Bellatrix. Friend and I are debating if she's preggers or just fat. Little help? She's also beautiful, painted I believe is the term right? A friend needed to get rid of her so he gave her to me, we think she's only a few months old but she's pretty big! he's only had her a month from the pet store so we will see! Here she is

163.jpg

Hanging out

164.jpg

W/ Her new sister Sprout (who I thought was pregnant but that appears to be her normal cute shape)

165.jpg

They are already good friends lol

166.jpg

And w/ 2 of her 3 catfish brothers (well at least I think they are boys lol)

What do you all think? I don't see a gravid spot but w/ her coloring it's hard to tell. No big deal if she is, I'm not too interested in fry at this point, but if any make it that will be cool

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
She is beautiful! I want one like that! I don't think I've seen one like her before.

I'm no expert but she doesn't look pregnant to me, at least in these pics. Sprout looks more pregnant than Bellatrix.

BritJo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's what I thought too, but I've had sprout for almost a month now and she's looked the same since the day I brought her home, maybe gotten a little longer, but not fatter. Some days she looks like she is, somedays not. Guess we will see Like I said, Sprout eats everything so any fry that make it will definitely be keepers

i have some orange wags identical to Sprout lol :]

And it's hard for me to tell.
Is Sprout an orange wag? My pet store said sunburst, but she does look more orange to me. I'm colorblind though so who knows what I actually see

Last edited:

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BritJo,

I think it's the same thing, I just call them orange wag because I can't remember the 'sunburst' nickname. I have orange (sunburst) wag, red wag and some orange mickey mouse. Considering getting some blue ones soon.

*Hannah*

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bellatrix is very beautiful!
I don't think she is pregnant, but I don't much about platies.

BritJo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BritJo,

I think it's the same thing, I just call them orange wag because I can't remember the 'sunburst' nickname. I have orange (sunburst) wag, red wag and some orange mickey mouse. Considering getting some blue ones soon.
Walmart of all places had some GORGEOUS blue platys today. As much as I want to rescue them from Walmart, I don't have a Q tank set up nor the room/energy to do one right now so I stick to places where I'm less likely to get ich (though still got it for the first time ever, oh well all better now and lesson learned! As soon as I have the space/energy/money for a Q tank I'm doing it lol).

Thank you to all of the compliments.Bella is a great addition and Sprout seems much happier now that she has someone of her own to hang with.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Walmart of all places had some GORGEOUS blue platys today. As much as I want to rescue them from Walmart, I don't have a Q tank set up nor the room/energy to do one right now so I stick to places where I'm less likely to get ich (though still got it for the first time ever, oh well all better now and lesson learned! As soon as I have the space/energy/money for a Q tank I'm doing it lol).

Thank you to all of the compliments.Bella is a great addition and Sprout seems much happier now that she has someone of her own to hang with.
Haha, my girlfriend is dead set on getting a blue mickey mouse from walmart after i told her i saw some there. She settled on a sunburst MM instead when she finally got there. She picked out a good one it's been well over a month and she's still doing great.

i posted a vid of my orange wag at this link
https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/freshwater-videos/71568-just-few-camera-phone-tank-vids-new-post.html

BritJo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm definitely getting a MM next hopefully blue but I'm waiting for my guy to get one in...at least I hope so lol I get ansty

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom