New Platy fish

krapiVani

Reaction score
Hi,
I am beginner and just got 3 Platies: Micky Mouse Platy, Bumblebee Platy and Panda Platy. It’s been four days since I got them. I checked my water before I got them and cycled my tank as well. I have pre-set water heater for my tank. I have been feeding tropical pellets to my fish but Micky mouse and bumblebee Platy are eating alright but the panda Platy is not eating at all and I’m getting worried. I checked water temperature and as I said checked my water as well. I read somewhere that it takes them some time to settle but I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong. I drop the pellets right in front of Lunala (panda Platy) but it doesn’t even react to food.any help is appreciated and I’m very new to this so thanks!

SouthAmericanCichlids

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yes most likely that is it. If they continue to not eat, the pellets might be too big, or you could try switching brands.

AquEric

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your lfs probably feed flakes it doesn't recognize the pellets as food yet try some flake food

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you acclimate them carefully and slowly or just add them to the new water?
I always take 60-90 minutes to use the bag method of acclimation.
Please try to acclimate the fish next time if you didnt do it this time.
That being said, It may help to find out wat food the store was feeding them, and get some of that. you can ween them off the food if you dont like that type.
Or you can get tempting garlic soaked foods like new life spectra pellets, or tempting foods like froxen brine shrimp or blood worms.

Megaanemp

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I agree that you may want to try another brand of food. Some individual fish simply don’t recognize certain things as food or just don’t like the taste:) Hopefully this helps

OP
krapiVani

krapiVani

Reaction score
Thank you all for replying, @Noroomforshoe I did acclimate them for like 20 mins using bag method acclimation. I went to store and got the flakes they used to feed them, now the fish is eating little. I’ll wait for couple more days or else am just take it back to store.

New Threads