new plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by brokenwing, Apr 7, 2010.

1. b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

Hey everyone, I received my plant order from harpua today. Wow mad props to her nice looking plants. Being new to the planted aquarium i have a dumb question. The Barcopa has a stem, no roots on the end, how the heck can i keep them planted in the gravel. The cordscrew vals are awesome, but a couple of the runners turned brown from shipping can i remove them to promote new growth. The java moss no big deal, i tied it up next to my other moss. Again if anyone needs plants, contact harpua. She is a fast shipper, and has nice quality products.

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Cool, I'm really glad you like the plants.

Just pull off the brown leaves from the vals. Vals and crypts, IME, get in a little snit every time you move them. It will take them some time to come back around, but they will eventually.

For the bacopa, I am having the same trouble you are! I'd suggest removing the rubber band, if you haven't already, and then just do the best you can trying to get them to stay in the gravel until they grow some roots.

Hope this helps, and thanks so much for the kind words!!!! :)

3. OP
    OP
    b

Thanks Harpua i just buried the bottom of the bacopa in the gravel, which seems to be working. If anyone ever has any questions about the quality of your plants, tell them to pm. In a couple of months im hoping to see what plants you have in stock, cause im planning on a few more. A planted tank is so neat. Again thanks so much.

4. OP
    OP
    b

anyone else have any suggestions to make these plants stay in place.

5. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

The only suggestion I have is patience... some of the bacopa I have here floated up out of the gravel today and I noticed it had started to grow roots. :)

I don't think it will take long to root into your gravel if you can put up with the wait, lol.

6. OP
    OP
    b

ya i got it to stay again. You have to forgive me since i struggle with this rare genetic disease, and when im in alot of pain i can be impatient lol. But all in all the fish love them, and IM hoping some day to order some fish from you.

7. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

When I'm having trouble keeping a stem plant in the substrate I use a rubberband to fix it to a large pebble then bury the pebble with plant attached in the substrate. After it has rooted you just gently move the gravel away & snip the rubberband to remove. The pebble can stay where it is.

8. N

Neji Valued Member Member

I agree :) Patience pays off xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice