New plants for you to ID-help please!

1. Henri Well Known Member Member

My HUGE package of plants from Italy arrived in the mail today and I'm so exited :D. It's a bit late actually, they were shipped on monday, I don't know what took it so long, Italy is next to Albania.
    Anyways, some of the plants' leaves are damaged but the stem and roots are perfectly hwalthy and I'm sure that thy will grow back in the tank.
    Now I only jeed your help to ID the plants. I'm a total beginner at this aspect of the hobby, aquarium plants. Thy will be planted in my dirted tank. There are 5 types of plants in total, but they came in very large quantities and the package weighted almost 1,5kg.
    1- Here's the first plant. It has oval shaped leaves and they're kinda thick (not extremely thick), similiar to a cactus structure-if you know what i mean. The stem is atrong as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2- This is the 2nd plant. It is a bit similiar to the first one, but this has thinner and narrower leaves than the first. It is a bit lighter green.

[​IMG]

3- The third plant looks really like the second, but this plant's leaves are red. I'm guessing it isn't the previous one, is it? They look kinda the same, but the color is really different.

[​IMG]

4- Now this is the most tricky plant. I don't know how well you can tell from the pictures, but it's kinda stringy from the bottom stem all the way up, like, it has no normal leaves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5- The last one, seems very familiar to me but I don't know it's name. This has A LOT of roots, thick ones. It is a bunch plant I think and it has a long stem, with long, pointy leaves on top of it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do you guys think these plants are? Where do I plant each of them, in the substrate/leave them floating/tie to ornaments? Background or foreground?
    I hope my light (2wpg) and the dosed co2 will satisfy their needs. I'd be really grateful if you could help me identify them, they need to be planted ASAP. Also I know the leaves are a bit damaged, but tell me if you need a closer pic of any of the plants.
    Thanks a lot!

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Okay lets see. The first one looks like Bacopa monnieri. The second looks like young Water Wisteria. The third looks like Alternanthera reineckii var 'roseafolia'. Not sure about the fourth one. It looks a lot like Najas. Better pictures would be helpful. If you could get some pictures of each plant in the water that will help. The fifth looks like a Bronze Crypt. Definitely some kind of crypt. I'm not the best with plants so I'll leave the other members help with your additional questions.

3. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I agree for the most part with RA except im not so sure the last is a bronze, deffinetly a crypt. In the water pictures would help a lot.

4. Henri Well Known Member Member

Wow I got different opinions from the plantedtank members...
    1. Bacopa caroliana
    2. Hygrophila polysperma
    3. Ludwigia repens
    4. They had no idea lol..,
    5. Cryptocoryne wendtii
    What do you guys think?
    The 4th plant looks very similiar to this: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=2958
    Im not totally sure its that though, I know that a pic in the water would help :/

5. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

3. leaves seem to thin to be ludwiga repens, actually something i have in my tank.

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with Rogue on #3. I just bought some (of what he thinks it is) today!

[​IMG]

7. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

If you can take in water photos it could help a lot, I did not repond earlier because I could not tell if #3 was thelanthera or ludwigia with it bunched up. The 5th one looks like cryptocoryne wendtii red to me, but I have never had a bronze one so, it could be that too...

8. Henri Well Known Member Member

Rouge is propably right for plant 3, it
    looked too thin to me too.

9. Henri Well Known Member Member

Ill upload pictures tomorrow
    because it's 5am here and I cant certainly plant them :/...
    What do tou think about number 2?

10. Henri Well Known Member Member

Here are pics of the mysterious plant, the number 4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What plant is this? Is it a stem plant or some type of moss? Do I plant it or tie it to ornaments?

11. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like Guppy Grass (or Najas)! You can pretty much do what ever you want with it. I have some floating (because my frogs keep kicking it up, and I gave up replanting it LOL), and I have a whole bunch rooted. Its not a root feeder though, which I find sort of weird lol

12. Henri Well Known Member Member

Ok so did a Google search and I think it's guppy grass. Can I tie it to driftwood? I don't hace much space on the tank left so it would be great if I could tie it to driftwood.

13. Henri Well Known Member Member

Oh thanks Akari disn't see your post. Can I tie it to driftwood?

14. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I suppose you could. Not sure if it would attach its self or not. When I plant mine, I pack the stems real tight together, and get like 20 or so in each bunch, and shove them in where ever I can.

15. Henri Well Known Member Member

Ok then what if I tie it to a big rock? I have one next to me, it's pretty neat and is full of big holes. Will the holes help the plant attach itsself to the rock?

16. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

You could tie it to the wood if you wanted but I doubt it would do much good. Najas breaks really easily so you will probably break really easily. Also you need to have it in a place where it gets a good amount of light or it will melt.

17. Henri Well Known Member Member

Im thinking of putting it in my ten gallon. Is 1,5wpg enough for it grow?

18. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

I have most of mine growing in sunlight. The tank gets sunlight for a few hours in the afternoon. So I have no idea if that would be enough or not.

19. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

A bit late finding this thread, but your plants look great! Hope they do well for you.