New Planted Tiger Barb Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by k8XP, Dec 6, 2012.

1. k8XP

k8XPValued MemberMember

Just wanted to share my all natural tiger barb-only aquarium, it's my first that is properly set up. I owned two male bettas seperately about 10 years ago when I was 9. Neither lasted very long! :(

This has been set up about 2 months now, fish were added 3 weeks ago. Started with 5 green TB's, and getting ready to add 2 more (to QT, anyway) they have all been doing great, minor aggression, no ich, I'm very pleased with this project.

I plan to upgrade their tank in a few months to a 30 or 40, and turn this 20 into a female betta sorority, or maybe tetras with cories. Don't know yet, but we'll cross that road in a month or so! : )

(tough to get good pics of them, jeez, lol!)

2. hobo

hoboValued MemberMember

Your tank looks great. I have a barb only tank as well they are certainly full of life constantly darting around especially when spawning its fun to watch a bright red mail chasing everyone away from the eggs.

3. OP
    OP
    k8XP

k8XPValued MemberMember

Thanks! They are pretty cool little fellas. I hope they don't start mating soon, though, lol, don't know if I'm ready to deal with that yet, haha.

They are sharing some cucumber right now. Snapped a few more pics.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018