New Planted Tiger Barb Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by k8XP, Dec 6, 2012.

1. k8XP

k8XP Valued Member Member

Just wanted to share my all natural tiger barb-only aquarium, it's my first that is properly set up. I owned two male bettas seperately about 10 years ago when I was 9. Neither lasted very long! :(

This has been set up about 2 months now, fish were added 3 weeks ago. Started with 5 green TB's, and getting ready to add 2 more (to QT, anyway) they have all been doing great, minor aggression, no ich, I'm very pleased with this project.

I plan to upgrade their tank in a few months to a 30 or 40, and turn this 20 into a female betta sorority, or maybe tetras with cories. Don't know yet, but we'll cross that road in a month or so! : )

[​IMG]

(tough to get good pics of them, jeez, lol!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. h

hobo Valued Member Member

Your tank looks great. I have a barb only tank as well they are certainly full of life constantly darting around especially when spawning its fun to watch a bright red mail chasing everyone away from the eggs.

3. OP
    OP
    k8XP

k8XP Valued Member Member

Thanks! They are pretty cool little fellas. I hope they don't start mating soon, though, lol, don't know if I'm ready to deal with that yet, haha.

They are sharing some cucumber right now. Snapped a few more pics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice