New Planted 29g Stocking Help

1. F

FishKeepingDad New Member Member

Hi everyone. New to the forum and thought I'd ask for some help. I have a 29g tank that I'm getting ready to plant and stock soon. It has a Penguin Wheel 350b filter (70g) on it. I have some thoughts on the fish i want to add, and advice would be nice as me and my girlfriend have only been into the hobby for a few months. I already have 2 bristlenose plecos that were a gift. One albino and one normal. Heres what I have been thinking:

2 bristlenose (only an 1-2 inches atm)
    4 honey gourami
    2 bolivian ram
    10-12 microrasbora kubotai?

Like i said, it will be heavily planted. I will allow time for the plants to grow to adequate size and to add any needed decorations for each of the species. Let me know if I'm way off on the compatibility, over stocked, or anything else that might be wrong with my plan. Like i said. Definitely still learning, and love input of all kinds.

2. Lollipop0912

Lollipop0912 Valued Member Member

Welcome to fishlore! I'm sure you'll find everyone here is super kind and always willing to lend a helping hand. :) I don't see anything troubling in the least! For the britlenoses, you'll need driftwood. I'd do 10 of the green rasboras. Thank you for researching your fish an reading up on the nitrogen cycle before you buy. Too many people buy a ton of fish, overstock their tank, watch their precious fish die, and then say "the people at the fish store said..." Thank you for not doing that. :)

3. OP
    OP
    F

FishKeepingDad New Member Member

Haha you're welcome. I did quite a lot of research before even purchasing any equipment. I'm glad to hear that i have the right idea. I'll go ahead and stick with the plan i have then. I'll only do 10 of the rasboras as you suggested as well. No aggression between the gourami and the rams you dont think? Also the plecos won't be too big at full size? I've read that they get up to 5inch.

4. Lollipop0912

Lollipop0912 Valued Member Member

My Britlenose pleco only is at 3 inches and I don't think he's getting any bigger. However, most pleco varieties get Huge so thats why I got him. I think you'll be ok with the rams and the gourami because my gourami has never been any sort of an aggression issue. Id just watch closely. There shouldn't be a problem though. Both of them seem pretty peaceful.