New Plant tips?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by amydeb, Jul 26, 2015.

1. a

amydeb Valued Member Member

Hello all,

I've decided to start switching from fake to live plants in my 75 gallon. I'm ashamed to admit how horrible I am with house plants. I'm hoping this will be different!

I have a Finnex Stingray 48" LED (7,000k) Honestly, I purchased the light before I decided to do plants and don't have the budget to replace so that is staying. And I don't have any plans for CO2

Yesterday I purchased an amazon sword, water wisteria and java fern. I planted the first two, put 3 Seachem root tabs around each and (gently) tied the java fern to a piece of lava rock. Dosed with Seachem Flourish according to bottle.

So questions: Will these do ok with my set up? Once per week is sufficient for the Flourish? And finally, are there any other low tech, "easy" plants you can recommend that will get pretty tall for the back of my tank?

Thanks for your help.

2. Tiny goatfish

Tiny goatfish Well Known Member Member

Sorry the only thing I can help with is the low tech backround plant, Elodea :) it's very easy, grows like a weed.

3. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

I have that light and I can tell you wisteria will definitely grow with that. As well as amazon swords and Java ferns so you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Jungle Val's are low tech low light.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    a

amydeb Valued Member Member

Thank you! I will check out both of those plants.

5. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Try some Java moss or Anubias, they're both easy plants to grow, but slow growing.

6. KarenLM

KarenLM Well Known Member Member

You can always use a liquid CO2 product. You would dose it daily. I use API CO2 Booster. In your tank you would use about 5-7ml a day. I started with about half the recommended dose and brought it up slowly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice