New Pictures :o)

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Dogs do tend to come back home. However, unfortunately, Huskies don't. Remember they are a dog/wolf breed. Given the chance their tendency is to run away and not come back. In a city, and most likely our case, what keeps them from coming back are other "new" owners preventing him from doing so. He was in our back yard, big enough for him to run all he wanted... oh boy did he want to! lol Sounded like horses our back all evening long! lol

Also remember, they are working dogs. They are very, VERY strong. You didn't walk him. He walks YOU! We used to put a harness on him and we'd put our four wheel on! Otherwise you'd go face first lol. They are also quite agile. He jumped a five foot fence like I walk up a step. They're also very ingenious. A friend of ours had a black and white female. She used laurel shrubs to push her back against as she walked up a six foot block wall. I know, I SAW her myself. While trying to catch her, she jumped three consecutive five foot fences with one hop each. She looked like a bunny rabbit! There really is no stopping those dogs.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I knew they're working dogs that need a lot of space to run freely on a daily basis and a lot of other physical activities (which is why I am not getting this kind of a dog now, because I wouldn't be able to provide it with these conditions right now), but I didn't know they can jump a 5 foot fence and climb shrubs !!! WOW ! This makes it look that no matter how tall your fence is and no matter how big your backyard is, these half-wild dogs can still run away :-\ But you know what? I'd still want to give it a try. Precisely all of these things + these dogs' intelligence and their wild tendencies, are what makes me want to get it so badly! ;D I ADORE these dogs (as well as German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers). My dad had a German Shepherd from the time when he was a young boy up until when I was about 2-3 years old. I can't really remember this dog, perhaps really vaguely, but my dad has some of the dog's pictures. He says the dog played with me ;D. He always speaks so fondly of him. He cried like a baby when the dog died and carried him himself to the burial place. He said the dog was the smartest and most loyal animal he'd ever known and his best friend. See, that's why I love these dogs so much and can't wait to get one!

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Like I said, dumbest dog I'll ever LOVE and I meant it. The one i was fond of the most though was my lil beagle cross breed/mut. I miss him sometimes. I remember a LONG time ago, I was feeling not so well. I moaned when I got this sudden stomach cramp because of meds I was taking... the dog ran and dragged a bed cover over to me. lol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
bhcaaron said:
I moaned when I got this sudden stomach cramp because of meds I was taking... the dog ran and dragged a bed cover over to me. lol
NO WAY !!! l

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests