Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I posted some new pics on CU:
Check out all of my water babies.

voiceless_kat

Well Known
Reaction score
Genie, you are bad......I am starting to lose count.....they are wonderful! Lucky you.

PS: Still wondering about the gorilla suit??? LOLOL Val

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As for the clock-- they have no issues figuring out feeding time!

And the Gorilla Suit, well It was Sally's 50th birthday, so we had to party like animals!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Genie
Just checked out your photos. WOW... I have never seen a white betta before. Truly a gorgeous fish you have there!
Love your set ups...they are so pretty!
~ kate ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
capekate said:
HI Genie
Just checked out your photos. WOW... I have never seen a white betta before. Truly a gorgeous fish you have there!
Love your set ups...they are so pretty!
~ kate ;D
keep an eye out for them.. I found our pure white Angel at petco and Genie got spike at walmart.. every now & then you find a white beauty, but they are a rare find at those stores.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
g'morning
When the new shipment came in at the LPS I saw the white angels. Also had the all black angel as well. THought about a pair of them, and then thought the marbled ones and those with the stripes are very nice looking too. So will wait awhile. I'm alittle scared off of getting angels at this time, as I hear they can be pretty territorial and mean to other fish in the tank. But originally that is why I set up the tank in the first place was to get angels. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
BTW
I like the idea of the split tanks for the bettas. But do they have to have a dark screen so that they can't see each other? Or can a female and a male betta have eye contact? Splitting up a ten gal tank.. would that be too small an area for one betta to be in?

Fishface

Reaction score
capekate said:
g'morning 
When the new shipment came in at the LPS I saw the white angels. Also had the all black angel as well. THought about a pair of them, and then thought the marbled ones and those with the stripes are very nice looking too. So will wait awhile. I'm alittle scared off of getting angels at this time, as I hear they can be pretty territorial and mean to other fish in the tank. But originally that is why I set up the tank in the first place was to get angels. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
BTW
I like the idea of the split tanks for the bettas. But do they have to have a dark screen so that they can't see each other? Or can a female and a male betta have eye contact? Splitting up a ten gal tank.. would that be too small an area for one betta to be in?

I've always likes for my bettas to see each other through the divider. It gives them something to be excited about, other than food. Over a day or so, they get used to each other and only flare occasionally. If you divide up a ten, 5 gal should be plenty for each fish.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fishface said:
capekate said:
g'morning 
BTW
thanks flbettacouple!
I didnt really want to put the betta in anything smaller than the ten, as its nice that he can have lots of room to swim around in, but I think that either a female betta or male addition would be nice! ;D maybe I will hold out for a nice white one!

I've always likes for my bettas to see each other through the divider. It gives them something to be excited about, other than food. Over a day or so, they get used to each other and only flare occasionally. If you divide up a ten, 5 gal should be plenty for each fish.

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
capekate said:
g'morning 
BTW
I made my divider out of the craft stuff that you do yarn weaving on--- you could get black. But Spike ignores Lila so I don't think there is a problem. and a 10 gal split would be good!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Genie said:
capekate said:
g'morning 
BTW
I made my divider out of the craft stuff that you do yarn weaving on--- you could get black.  But Spike ignores Lila so I don't think there is a problem.  and a 10 gal split would be good!
HI Genie...
Yep I know just what your talking about. that should be nice and stiff to work with too. Thanks for the advice! Now I will have to do a wait and see til I find the white betta~ ;D

Jendayi

Reaction score
Oh I saw a male crown tail that looked very much like Spike yesterday at Walmart. So if you hit it on the day that they put out the new fish I guess you can get lucky with finding an unusual color.

Cobalt's color is just brilliant, you picked the perfect name

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
well I wanted to name Cobalt, Azure, but no one at work could say it, so I went with cobalt.

New Threads