1. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Noel couldn't quite get the hang of what he was supposed to do when he saw another fish & Azul hasn't decided if Noel is a fish or not for some reason and the books and article say they need stimulation for their mental well being so here are some pictures of my efforts with mirrors. (with mixed success) ::) :-\ ???
  2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

um, did you forget the pics? :D :D

3. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Here goes *********

Attached Files:

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ooo! wow that really makes them look cool! some of the pics look like colorful lionfish!

5. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I had fun taking them.  I loved being able to get so close to Noel as he is kind to spooky with me yet.  He was so concerned with the little thing in the mirror that he didn't even pay me any mind.  I will have to try it again.  It almost seemed like I had twice as many fish to photgraph!  What a way to spend an hour   ;) !

You must have been right on the spot as I barely got the post done and you commented.  Can't keep ahead of you, no siree girl  :D !

Have a good day and take care of your little ones.  (I know you do)  Have fun.

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yep im kinda bored right now so im just sitting here watching for new posts lol :)
  7. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Wow! Those are great photos. Next time you have a photo session, try and point the camera a little sideways instead of right in front of the tank or bowl. It keeps the glare down. Noel looks like a combtail. They are much more vailuable than your average betta. He is beautiful! ;)

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Beautiful pictures Rose as always. And of course your baby ie bee-u-ti-ful also ;D
  9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Wow Chickadee, they're so beautiful! :)
  10. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks for the tip. That glare was driving me crazy, but I didn't know how to avoid it. I didn't know he was so (Noel) different, the man I bought him from on eBay sold him to me for $3.99 and was a peach to deal with. He runs a place in New York and has been so helpful. He asked me what color I wanted and I had no idea what Noel would look like until he got here. Red had been my first choice but I knew that red fish would probably be at a premium so did not expect to get my first choice. WOW, was I surprised!

Anyway, thank you all for your compliments. I am really fond of them myself.

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

wow 3.99! how much was shipping?
  12. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

TOO BEAUTIFUL! I am so in love with them... ;D
  13. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks evryone! I love my little guys and you all are in danger of seeing more of them as time goes by. Kind of like a proud mother, you know. I had wanted to put some of the larger ones of Azul up so I'm going to try one now. ;)

Attached Files:

14. beckers4oranges Member Member

i have a very similar crowntail in my 1 gallon....nice choice
  15. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Those were the last pictures of Azul so they are special to me. I forgot to answer the question about the shipping, it was $5.99. He said it would have cost a tiny bit more if he had used heat packs, but the weather was warm enough we didn't need them.
    I don't really want to order a replacement for Azul until March due to the cold weather, but it will be hard to do without a baby until then.

16. gammerus Well Known Member Member

thats odd, my first betta was named noel
  17. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:DWhat a coincedence! I picked out the name because I thought I was to get a green/red combo. Since I bought him in an eBay auction, I didn't think I would be lucky enough to get a solid (almost) color so I told them I would be happy with a green/red duo. He surprised me with Noel being so RED that you can hardly see any other color on him. But I had already thought of him as Noel for a week before he got here so Noel he was. (the other color is the tiniest bit of blue right next to his body at his dorsal fin - otherwise he is all red)

It is always nice to hear from a fellow Betta lover, and as you may have read in another post, I have been unable to wait until March to get another baby. I went back to the dealer where I got Noel and begged him to ship another due to the fantastic weather we are having. He agreed and MARTY will be shipped out form New York today and arrive hopefully Wednesday. I am going to add his picture here again (a demo photo) just because I enjoy showing my babies off.

Have a good day!

Attached Files: