New pet!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mammaguppy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. mammaguppy

mammaguppy Valued Member Member

I've been wanting a pet bird for years and my parents are finally thinking of getting me one. We're getting a young pearl cockatiel ,hand fed and very tame. Any name suggestions? We don't know whether it's a male or female yet, we're picking it out in a week or two. The reason we don't know the gender is because of the fact that we haven't seen it, as it's not fully weaned. I'll tell you what name I went with when we pick it up!

2. LeoDiaz

LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats on getting a new bird. How about calling it pearly? You wont be able to sex it till is 5-9 months old so u have time ahead of u. I breed this birds and had them for long time.

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

The first name that came to mind was Pearl, second one was, when I started looking at pictures, Lady Gaga! Because of the hairdo. ;) But of course, I don't think you want a bird named Lady Gaga (or Birdy Gaga), so how about:
    Pearl
    Diamond
    Lacey
    Queen
    King
    Princess
    Prince
    Goldie
    Mr. Gold (if you watch Once Upon A Time)
    Gemma
    Sunshine
    Pixie
    Dusty
    Felicity
    Elf
    Purity

Okay, I'm starting to run out of ideas lol! Sorry, I just threw them all in together instead of sorting by gender haha!

4. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

If you watch Steven universe pearl would be a good name lol. (Bird mom)
    If that made zero sense to you, pearl is still a pretty name

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Haha, you could call it blush or shy, as they look like they're blushing. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. MJDuti

MJDuti Well Known Member Member

Congrats! Birds are awesome

7. OP
    OP
    mammaguppy

Meet Peaches (the gray ),Pearlie(the pearl),and Luna(the lutino). ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439678424.398334.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439678492.934328.jpg

8. LeoDiaz

LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

Peaches is a whiteface they all look like really cute congrats.

9. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Gorgeous :D I had 6 birds at one time from fosters to permanent residents. :) They're a blast!

10. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

They're so pretty! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

11. OP
    OP
    mammaguppy

Thanks! I got them today. My dad's inclination was that we were getting one ,but he surprised us with two more lil cuties !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice