New Pearl Gouramis

wpascarelli

Reaction score
After several years of keeping a 55gal with Congo tetras and Bolivian Rams, I have added 3 pearl gourami to the tank. I have never kept Gourami before. It has been a couple of days since I added them and they are still acting pretty shy and keep to themselves, they dont seem interested in swimming around or interacting with the other fish. They mostly stay in the background away from the other fish, and at feeding time when the Congos are getting pushy and physical for food the Gourami run and hide and want no part of it.
Of course, the gourami had a very long journey in shipping and I am sure that they are still trying to relax and get settled in to some extent as it has only been a few days since I added them. Just it has been a while since I added a new species of fish and I just want to make sure that this all seems normal and that soon the gourami will start to enjoy themselves a bit more.

wpascarelli

Reaction score
Thunder_o_b said:
Pearls are a gentle fish that do not like bright light or pushy tank mates.
Hmm ok. I described what sort of fish I have and what sort of fish I was interested in getting on this forum and just about every reply recommended Pearl Gourami for my tank.
Hopefully once they settle in they will still be able to get a bit more involved with everyone.

Attachments

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They will be fine. If you provide them with some comfortable places to hang out in. I have one in with rams, neons, pushy mollies, and glow lights. He is 2 years old, fat and happy

Good looking pearls you have there.

wpascarelli

Reaction score
Thunder_o_b said:
They will be fine. If you provide them with some comfortable places to hang out in. I have one in with rams, neons, pushy mollies, and glow lights. He is 2 years old, fat and happy

Good looking pearls you have there.
ok, thank you. I will give them some time and hopefully their personalities will adjust.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom