New Pearl Gouramis sitting at the bottom of the tank

Magtom

I’m worried that my Gouramis are very stressed out. I purchased them today from a very reputable LFS. They looked happy and were eating there in his tank. I got them home, put the bag into my 5.5 gal quarantine tank. (Ammonnia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, PH 7.5). They are both laying on the bottom very still. One darted around when I turned on the light (so I turned it back off). But they’re both just resting on the bottom, still. It’s been about two hours.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!
Just to confirm, I put tank water I to the bag every 10 minutes for an hour, then scooped them into a net and placed the net with them in the tank and they swam out.

Broggy

I’m worried that my Gouramis are very stressed out. I purchased them today from a very reputable LFS. They looked happy and were eating there in his tank. I got them home, put the bag into my 5.5 gal quarantine tank. (Ammonnia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, PH 7.5). They are both laying on the bottom very still. One darted around when I turned on the light (so I turned it back off). But they’re both just resting on the bottom, still. It’s been about two hours.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!
Just to confirm, I put tank water I to the bag every 10 minutes for an hour, then scooped them into a net and placed the net with them in the tank and they swam out.
are they breathing hard, or any other physical changes? these are the symptoms of my fish when I forget to plug the heater back in.

Upvote 0

Magtom

Thank you! No, my thermometer is reading 75°. They are now a bit off of the gravel, but still very still and just kind of sitting there. I noticed they got scared when I walked by the tank. They’re definitely stressed and shy.

Upvote 0

Broggy

they could just be scared, you can leave the light off, if it is on right now. they also might not be feeling too good if you are running meds through the tank.

Upvote 0

Magtom

No meds. I thought I would just keep them in the quarantine tank and see how they do for a few weeks.

Upvote 0

Broggy

No meds. Do you medicate new fish? . I thought I would just keep them in the quarantine tank and see how they do for a few weeks.
some people say to just watch them in quarantine with no meds and call it good. I think its pretty inevitable to encounter some kind of disease, and not medicating is risky most of the time. having that said, I haven't quarantined some of my fish and they turned out fine.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
Freshfishguy