new parakeet!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by newbie101, Dec 28, 2005.

1. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

yay! geting a parakeet!  I have a dumb question--when the budgie isn't fingertamed yet, thus cannot be let out, what do you do with it while you're scrubbing out the cage?

2. MaryPaNew MemberMember

Re: new keets!

You can either clean it with him in there or get a tiny cage to move him to. Just put the cages face to face ( with door open and a towel draped over so he can`t excape) and move all his goodies out of his home cage. Put his favorite treat in the spare cage and be patient.If that doesn`t work just clean the cage with tweetie in it. Use warm water with vinegar only to clean his home and perches. Be sure he has perches of different circumfernces. If he only has one size perch he could get arthritis when he gets older. :'( Toys with bells are an all time favorite for birds.

Hope you enjoy you keet. :)

3. OP
    OP
    n

newbie101Well Known MemberMember

yep yep all good ;D  he is sooo cute!  i'll have to post a pic or 8...he was actually fingertame the fisrt day!  and now i let him out and we play with his toys ;D  no need to worry anyone, i still love my fishies!
    can anyone suggest a good (like this one lol) parakeet forum?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice