New Panda Corydoras With Fungus Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by FLDawna, Jan 27, 2019.

1. FLDawna

FLDawnaValued MemberMember

I ordered some panda corydoras online and a few other things since I was paying a $30 shipping fee I wanted to make it worth it. Anyway, all 6 corys were DOA and everything else was mostly doing just fine. I really wanted the corys so I caved and went to Petco and picked up 6. Everyone is in the 10 gallon qt and I noticed one of the corys had white tips on both pec fins and dorsal. Today they are obvious spots of fungus. Some of the others' fins look a bit worn but nothing requiring more than clean water and observation. I have had Paraguard in the tank from day 1 treating prophylactically doing 20% water change daily. I was thinking I might take this cory out and spot treat with a qtip and meth blue but I'm not sure how corydoras do with meth blue. Is there something else I should do or is this a good plan of attack? MVIMG_20190127_183143.jpg

2. I like fish123

I like fish123Valued MemberMember

Yes it will work.

3. M-Stokes

M-StokesValued MemberMember

Sounds good, I'd also look into getting a product called seachem sulfaplex to help heal the infection, but that's up to you.

4. OP
    OP
    FLDawna

FLDawnaValued MemberMember

I have Sulfaplex. I'll stop the Paraguard and add the Sulfaplex. Thanks.

5. Maya Boone

Maya BooneValued MemberMember

Panda Cories are legit some of the cutest fish ever! Great choice, hope they survive!