New otocinclus baby in tank I think

Crystalb4

I think we have a oto baby born in our tank we found today. What do you think? We have only 2 oto’s in the tank with tetra fish. Could there be more than 1 baby? If it’s not an oto then what could it be? What do I do now?
FFD77C63-6FDB-433D-9516-0F01DCEEF6D3.jpeg
What do I need to do now?

Attachments

• E4655178-C520-4DD1-B462-2FDF29E81597.jpeg
    E4655178-C520-4DD1-B462-2FDF29E81597.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 22

Crystalb4

How did we get it? And what do we do with it?

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

How did we get it? And what do we do with it?
It probably hitchhiked on some plants if you have added any recently. Could have also been introduced if you added new fish too.

You can either remove it or keep it - ‘pest’ snails are an effective clean-up crew when their numbers are controlled properly.

Upvote 0

Lucy

Hi welcome to FishLore!!
I'd get rid of it. If you're not careful you can end up with hundreds. I had one at one time as well.

Upvote 0

Crystalb4

It probably hitchhiked on some plants if you have added any recently. Could have also been introduced if you added new fish too.

You can either remove it or keep it - ‘pest’ snails are an effective clean-up crew when their numbers are controlled properly.
Thank you so much for the information! I appreciate you.

Upvote 0

PeterFishKeepin

Just to let you know, oto fish are very shy and like to be in groups of minimum 6, you might be able to get away with 4 but it depends on your stocking, bio load and tank size.

how big is your tank ?

What is in the tank ?

Can you post a full tank photo?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
celmoy
  • Question
Replies
Views
AmigoSpageeto