90 Gallon Tank New Oscar

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I found a GORGEOUS oscar yesterday. He's albino with "ashy" fins. It's his natural coloring. We're so happy! Shelby helped me pick him out.

I don't have pics yet. I know, I'm bad, but we have a VERY busy week ahead of us so I have to make sure all the babies (human and critter) are taken care of before I start playing photographer.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congratulations BB.

Is he going to have the tank to himself or are you going to try & get him to share with something?

FishLuver

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sweeeet! Can't wait to see him! I knew someone who had an Oscar in a tank by himself and he was so cool! Was pretty cool watching him eat a baby mouse......come to think of that, I'm not too sure how healthy that is!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congratulations BB.

Is he going to have the tank to himself or are you going to try & get him to share with something?
Thanks, Nutter! He is with two blue acara, two firemouths, one marble convict female, one sailfin pleco, and two bristlenose plecos (one regular, one marble). I have backup plans, but I think this combination has a good chance of working. The JD's have been moved to another tank by themselves.

Sweeeet! Can't wait to see him! I knew someone who had an Oscar in a tank by himself and he was so cool! Was pretty cool watching him eat a baby mouse......come to think of that, I'm not too sure how healthy that is!
Thanks, FishLuver! Mine won't be eating a baby mouse, but hopefully he'll be happy with convict, platy, and Jack Dempsey fry. He LOVES frozen bloodworms, too!

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow!! I would think the combination of fish should be ok compatability wise but isn't that a lot of bio-load for a 90gal? Or have I got the tank size wrong?

Feeding baby mice. That's a new one for me. I only ever fed mice to snakes & lizards.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Wow!! I would think the combination of fish should be ok compatability wise but isn't that a lot of bio-load for a 90gal? Or have I got the tank size wrong?

Feeding baby mice. That's a new one for me. I only ever fed mice to snakes & lizards.
I'm not sure if the bioload is too high or not. Right now, it's fine with 25% water changes a week, but if that changes, my backup plan will cover that as well. I'm running around 700 gph filtration, so maybe that's helping. Everyone in the tank is pretty young so that may be another reason why the bioload is still low.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it's all working for now then it's all good. You look after your fish well so I'm sure if the time comes to rehome them you will do so. It's not like you don't have enough tanks to make some room in.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If it's all working for now then it's all good. You look after your fish well so I'm sure if the time comes to rehome them you will do so. It's not like you don't have enough tanks to make some room in.
Aw, Thanks Nutter

It's kinda funny. I've been looking for an excuse to get a double stacking stand for the 90g (75 or 55 on the bottom) and two double-stacking 29g stands.

In my bedroom, I severely overstocked the 29g last weekend. It's got 3 dalmation mollies, 3 platys, 5 columbian tetras, and 6 flame tetras in it. There's my excuse to set up another 29g, which of course will require a double-stacking stand. Maybe I subconciously did the same with the 90g?:;a

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! Congrats on the New Oscar!!!!!!! I know youve been lookin!!!!!!!! Good luck with him!!!!!!!!!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Here he is! We've named him Archeron (we call him Ash). I got REALLY lucky and got a good pic of him. Btw-that is not an intestinal issue in the fish behind him. That's one of the firemouths. I guess he was running for cover

Bent72

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Very nice looking oscar you got there!!! your stocking sounds great as long as ash doesn't get to hungry

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom