New Observations In Feeding Behavior In Danio Erythromicron

Discussion in 'Cyprinids (includes Goldfish)' started by W_AQUARIA, Aug 5, 2017.

1. W_AQUARIA

W_AQUARIANew MemberMember

Has anyone else observed this in D. erythromicron? All of my sources state that this species feeds exclusively on live foods, and lives near the bottom of the tank, but my female readily takes flake foods from the surface.

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

Mine used the entire depth of the tank. I only saw them eat live foods because that's all I ever fed them. Very small mouths, so appropriate dry foods are too hard to find.

4. FishRFriendz

FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

I feed hikari micro pellets. They go after the pellets anywhere from the bottom to middle, but tending towards the lower. I originally thought they'd be midwater like magaristatus. Mine only ever ate from the surface late on the day that I put them in the tank. After that they disappeared into the lower portions of the aquascape.

I think what they'll eat will depend on where you get em. The ones I got from petco wouldn't take pellets. Aquatic arts has been great. I just wish they hadn't been low on erithromicron stock and completely out of magaristatus when I ordered.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice