New Nano Tank!!

FishObbessed

Hey there,

I thought I might share my nano tank with you's all. In the tank is 6 guppy fry (will be moved when they get too big), 4 Ember tetras, 2 sparkling Gourami and 1 ramshorn snail, also the guy at the fish store told me the Gourami are male and female so I'm just wondering if they'll breed.
IMG_1438.JPG Tell me what you think of the tank, here is the tank^^^^^

BottomDweller

Nice. I would add some more plants. Anubias nana looks good in small tanks. I would also get at least 2 more ember tetras. How big is the tank?

FishObbessed

IMG_1439.JPG Okay, I'll add some more plants and get a few more Ember tetras. I just fed them brine shrimp and they love it! Here is a picture of them eating it^^^^

ashenwelt

You may wanna give a small hiding spots for the sparkling gourami. And some floating plants.

Also remember the gourami need damp air so a lid is important but leave a space for air.

FishObbessed

Okay, I'll make sure to get some more hiding spots. There is still some brine shrimp just swimming around so I hope they'll be gone soon as all I see is brine shrimp flying here and there lol.

FishObbessed

I'm wondering if I could make this a planted tank so what plants would you reccomand?

ashenwelt

Well your Java Fern is a start, but I would get rid of that wool and tie it to a rock or a piece of driftwood. The wool is a nightmare in the long run.

More Java Fern, Cryptocoryne (a lot of types will work, focus on small and low light), java moss, anubias (many types), Bucephalandra (many types, make sure low light). Those are where I would start.

goldface

The water is level is very low. I'd top it off. With those stones, you could super glue ( I use the no run gel) anubias nana petite onto them to keep them in place. Overall, not bad.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ToddHendrix
Replies
Views
Andrew99p
Replies
Views
Abby565
Replies
Views