New Mystery Snails On The Way! Question

1. Jessica J

Jessica J Valued Member Member

So I have 4 pea to marble size mystery Snails on the way in the mail, so so excited!! We got a purple, ivory, chesnut, and a blue plus two red ramhorns. My question is with my setups in the 10g and 20g should my baby mysterys be ok? The 10g has a bubbler and a waterfall filter with 4 female guppy's and 3 or 4 guppy fry all female too, some trumpet snails and pond snails from the plants we bought, but we are gonna pick out all the trumpets and pond snails over the weekend and a standard heater no temp ajustment on it. Is the 10g a good starting tank for our Mystery Snails or should we put them in the 20g it has a bubbler and a waterfall filter but it is the kind that pulls water for the bottom of the tank, a standard heater about 75 degrees. 2 golden mystery Snails about a nickel size and a quarter size, 3 male guppy's, 4 mollies, 5 Mickey mouse platy's, is there anything in the 20g that would kill or eat them? Is the filter gonna suck them up? The ramhorns we have is about the size of the mystery Snails we are gonna get and they have been fine but they were free lol. Don't want to buy, wait, and finally get them just to loose them to something simple the first 3 pics are the 10g tank and the last one is of the 20g tank. Thx for any help and advice we receive!! IMG_20180525_114316.jpg IMG_20180525_114053.jpg IMG_20180525_114415.jpg IMG_20180525_114141.jpg

2. Kidd13rl

Kidd13rl New Member Member

I think you should be fine. At that size you could probably put them in the 10, but just know they will grow alot bigger, at which point you would probably want them in the 20. Just also beware that mystery snails do put out alot of waste, and the ramshorns will multiply like crazy if you feed too much. Just keep up on your cleanings and you should be fine though with that setup and stocking. None of those fish should bother the snails.

3. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

Okay. Thank you for the advice. I think I may go ahead and add them to the 20 Gallon so I don't have to move them twice. We do a 10 percent water change every week on both tanks so hopefully we won't have to worry about the waste. Thank you for commenting

4. Kidd13rl

Kidd13rl New Member Member

No problem! Just make sure you keep your nitrates down enough with the 10% change, if not you may want to do more like 25%. If you dont have one yet i would highly recommend getting an API master test kit to keep an eye on your levels. Less than $30 on amazon.

5. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

We do a water test once a week at our local pet smart would be nice to beable to do it at home thx gonna go look one up now!