New Mystery Snail

1. SabrinaBrook

SabrinaBrook Well Known Member Member

So yesterday i brought my first mystery snail, it was meant to be a tank mate for Midnight but she pecked at him so i took him out and introduced him to Royal, they had a Mexican stand off and then royal bit him :(
    His by himself atm.
    Id like to put the snail in with my fry, would he eat my fry? I know the fry wont bite him.
    Or i could put him in with my gourami?
    Or also i could put him in with my guppies and rosy barbs?
    Poor little fella

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

He won't eat your fry unless they were dying or dead. I think any one of your non-betta tanks should be fine.

3. A

Angelo0719 New Member Member

I have mystery snails in with both my guppies and gouramis(1dg and 3 honeys) they all seem to get along fine. they dont seem to notice them.

4. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

Thanks guys!
    I have now popped him in with my guppy fry, his climbing up the plant already :)
    I think i will stick to buying moss balls for my bettas tanks!

5. B

Bigzsbettas New Member Member

I read the thread. Great decision Sabrina!

6. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

Thank you Bigzs!
    That poor snail got bit twice, guess i have angry bettas!

7. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

Hi again,
    Since i put Felix (mystery snail) in the fry tank and he climbed the plant, he fell off and hasnt came out of his shell since then, that was 10 hours ago. Could he be dead? :(

8. P

Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

Give him a couple days. He could just be parasnailing and wore himself out for a nap :)

9. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

Yep seems so! I turned out the lights and put a lamp on near my computer, just went to check him and his poking his head out lol :)

10. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

[​IMG]
    Here is Felix this morning, seems he went for a walkabout over night. At least its much safer for him in the fry tank!

11. A

Angelo0719 New Member Member

Good to hear he's doing ok. He just needed time.

12. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

Hi,
    Felix is still stuck in the same position as yesterday when i took that photo, he hasn't moved at all, but his stuck to the tank with his body out a little bit. Are snails meant to move around a lot or not? His my first snail so i don't know about them. Should i knock him off the glass onto the gravel? Does this mean his not happy in that tank?

Recap: I just walked over there and his now floating in the tank, his let go of the glass and is floating, could he be dead?

13. P

Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

He probably just got air up under his shell. Submerge him and turn him to get the air out.
    Also they might flip over and not be able to flip back. If you ever see him upside down, just put him right side up :)

What are your parameters?
    Have you gotten any cuttlebone for him?
    My snails love blanched zucchini..try it!!

14. OP
    OP
    SabrinaBrook

Thanks Peace,
    He is right side up but still floating this morning which means he didnt move around during the night. I hope he will be ok. The Fry tank he is in is fully cycled i only tested it last night and i still did a 20% water change and dosed with prime.
    I didnt know they like cuttlebone or zucchini, if he lives i will get them for him :)