New Mystery Addition

Discussion in 'Snails' started by JLeeM, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JLeeM

JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

Couldn't resist getting yet another snail today. Probably shouldn't have, but I did.

Got an Ivory Mystery this time. The snail collection is now

1 Blue Mystery
    1 Ivory Mystery
    2 Black Racer Nerites
    1 Horned Zebra Nerite

The Blue Mystery immediately checked out the new friend (pictured below). After that, the Ivory started exploring it's new home. I thought my Blue was big. The Ivory is HUGE!!! The last picture shows the difference between it (biggest snail) and the Horned Zebra Nerite (smallest snail).

Attached Files:

2. California L33

California L33Well Known MemberMember

Those are some mighty fine looking snails. I'd love to have a Mystery Snail, but my tank is too small and I already have trouble with my Nerite snail digging up plants.

3. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

My black racers have recently started going along the perimeter of the tank barely under the surface. Never done this before. Anyways, how big is your tank and what's your stocking?

4. California L33

California L33Well Known MemberMember

Maybe they're racing... or just terrified of the giant Ivory Mystery :D

My only running tank is a massive 3 gallons, and has a Betta and Striped Nerite. According to AqAdvisor I'm already stocked at a 131% level, but also over-filtered by 440%.

5. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

Ah gotcha. Was just curious as to how you couldn't fit a mystery. Now I see. If you ever get the chance, I would upgrade your betta and snail to a 10. Then you could have a couple nerites, a mystery (maybe 2), and some shrimp. Can I see your betta?

6. OP
    OP
    JLeeM

I wish this little guy would actually do something, or move around. He's found a hiding spot (I can still see him though), and is refusing to do anything but move around in the interior of the hiding spot. I know it'll take a while for him to get used to the setup though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice