New mollie tankmates with betta

Spiderrg

My betta lives in a 25g with 11 corys, 4 pygmy corys and a mystery snail. Established community of about 6 months.

I have a hydra and detritus worm problem.

I added 3 female mollies today to take care of those issues and they're already doing a great job.

However, my VERY passive betta has flared at then twice so far. I've had him for 6 months and have never seen him flare before at all. I had to removed 2 bandit corys prior bc they tackled him and cornered him constantly (they were neurotic asf) and he didn't even flare at them.

Should I remove the mollies immediately or give it time to see if he gets used to them? It's only been an hour.

ValkyrieLips

If he's not chasing them then I'd wait. If he is flaring and chasing I would remove the betta and rearrange the decor then reintroduce him to the tank.

Spiderrg

If he's not chasing them then I'd wait. If he is flaring and chasing I would remove the betta and rearrange the decor then reintroduce him to the tank.
He is chasing them, and he is flaring, but not at the same time?

I did take him out and rearrange the tank, it doesn't seem to have solved the problem very much.

ValkyrieLips

Sometimes bettas just decide they don't want tankmates and there's not much you can do except separate them. Always a risk with an aggressive species like bettas. He probably doesn't like the other fish swimming in the middle/top where he usually is.

Spiderrg

Sometimes bettas just decide they don't want tankmates and there's not much you can do except separate them. Always a risk with an aggressive species like bettas. He probably doesn't like the other fish swimming in the middle/top where he usually is.
Yeah I moved them into my catfish tank and will do no planaria. I'm just sad I'll lose my MTS

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cdw202x
Replies
Views
WendiWoo
2 Gallon Tank My betta Dolla!
Replies
Views
thefishn00b
Replies