MudHog

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello Folks,

Found this site when browseing on red tail shark info. I just got my aquarium about 2 months ago and enjoying every minute of it. I have a tall 39 gallon freshwater tank with a Emperor 280 filter w/ bio-wheel. So far on fish I have (12) Tiger Barbs, (4) Cherry Barbs and (1) Red Tail Shark. Looking to add a Clown Loche or two and some shrimp along with an algae eater. I got a mixture of plants in my tank and especially like my Aqua Fern. It's a real fern that has been dried and cured, then died colors.

Enjoy watching my Tiger Barbs and they are active like crazy. They tend to get in the current from the filter and "excersise" as I call it. They get in the current and swim in one place. Also catch them gliding across the current from side to side. Pretty funny to watch them. The cherry barbs are quiet and just go with the flow in the tank. the shark is pretty active but mostly stays under one of my (2) shelfs in the tank.

Looking forward to many of posts and gathering a lot of information from the users here.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore! It sounds like you have an excellent tank, we'd love to see pics of it when you get to post them.

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start. One word of caution, clown loaches get huge (up to 18")...much too big for a 39 gallon tank, so I would not recommend adding one unless you can get a far bigger tank for it.

Shrimpy

Reaction score
MudHog said:
Hello Folks,

Found this site when browseing on red tail shark info. I just got my aquarium about 2 months ago and enjoying every minute of it. I have a tall 39 gallon freshwater tank with a Emperor 280 filter w/ bio-wheel. So far on fish I have (12) Tiger Barbs, (4) Cherry Barbs and (1) Red Tail Shark. Looking to add a Clown Loche or two and some shrimp along with an algae eater. I got a mixture of plants in my tank and especially like my Aqua Fern. It's a real fern that has been dried and cured, then died colors.

Enjoy watching my Tiger Barbs and they are active like crazy. They tend to get in the current from the filter and "excersise" as I call it. They get in the current and swim in one place. Also catch them gliding across the current from side to side. Pretty funny to watch them. The cherry barbs are quiet and just go with the flow in the tank. the shark is pretty active but mostly stays under one of my (2) shelfs in the tank.

Looking forward to many of posts and gathering a lot of information from the users here.
if u want shrimp u could get ghost shrimp because they r funny to watch and they eat food scraps on the bottom of the tank

New Threads